Is the idea of “safety” an illusion?

When leftists like to say safety of the people matters more then my right to own guns. As Far as I’m concerned there’s no such thing as safety this world is has and always will be a dangerous place no matter where you go there’s something out there that can hurt you that’s why we have the right to be able to defend ourselves with weapons so don’t try to take away my rights to give you the illusion that you’re now safe because I can’t protect myself from the true evil that wants nothing more then to hurt me my family and my community. Enough with this common sense gun “safety” there is no such thing as safety

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

But...isn't the whole argument that you need your gun to be safe? If you can't achieve safety, then you don't need a gun to try.

1 year ago

dont feed the troll

1 year ago

The right to bear arms was to be able to stand up to govt gone bad. Even if the govt went bad...not even an ak47 could begin to protect u from our military

Guns serve no purpose other than shooting varmints.and target practice

1 year ago

If safety is an illusion then your guns are worthless to protect you and you shouldn't fear gun control. 

Of course, perfect safety is an impossibility, but there are differing levels of safety that people can achieve.  It would be absurd to suggest that there's nothing we can do to make ourselves more safe from gun crime.  Every other advanced nation has done a better, and usually a much better, job at curbing gun violence than we have.  There's also plenty of things we can try, and many of them do no infringe on your right to own a gun.  For example, universal background checks would not infringe on the ability of law abiding citizens to own a gun. 

1 year ago

No. Risks are material and can be numerically quantified, gun lover.  Obviously the Greek people before zero AD knew that, it's in your word roots.

1 year ago

EDIT:  @bill: Uh, beto bragged about forced confiscations, biden says we need ban all handguns too, and the rest of them echo this.  Do yourself a favor and shut the f*ck up like the uneducated ignorant worthless failed abortion your mom should have swallowed instead of taking you to term.  K b*tch?  Good. 

Safety isn't an illusion, it's just not something you can have total control over.

demonrat's version of "safe" is only cops and our own government should have guns then we'll be safe!....from everyone except cops and our own government...

They're not very smart.  They eat Tide Pods and snort condoms. 

• 1 year ago

Yes, safety is an illusion. We are all just one heart-beat away from eternity.