Could the lungs/bronchials be the answer?

I had a Gastroscopy yesterday morning because I get a burning sensation in my chest. Cool water or Gaviscon gives me instant relieve. Although the Surgeon took tissue samples for biopsy, everything looks normal to the eye. If all comes back as normal, could this burning be caused by something on the bronchials/lungs? I do have a chronic cough.

• Edna

The "burning" sensation in your chest is probably being caused by GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) or acid indigestion - NOT by your lungs or your bronchial tubes - ESPECIALLY since Gavison gives you relief. There are more than 3 million cases of GERD in the US every year. BTW: You had an Endoscopy.  

did not the doctor prescribe you

gastric medicines?

its called endoscopy not gastroscopy

take esomeprazole 40mg morning and night

before meals for 15 days

no spicy foods

drinking ice cold milk should give you good relief

If cool water gives you instant relief, then doesn't it stand to reason that the cause is not drinking enough water?

A cough happens when the body is trying to expel mucus. You get mucus because you don't drink enough water.

The lungs are 90% water and when you get dehydrated, the body has to try and conserve water by locating and reducing areas that lose a lot of water. The act of breathing loses a lot of water vapor so to conserve water the brain reduces the amount of water going to the lungs.

If it is severe enough, it becomes what the medical profession calls "asthma". At any rate, to keep the lungs from drying out completely from the reduced water, mucus forms to keep the lung tissues moist without allowing water loss.

The water you're drinking to give you relief is an indication that dehydration is the cause. Correct the dehydration and your problem will most likely subside.

• Tavy

Acid reflux causes all of those symptoms including the cough. I have it. Easy to treat with Meds.

• Linda

It sounds more like mucus and acid causing your cough bc Gaviscon and cold water brings you instant relief. You will know by the middle or end of next week. Try not to worry too much bf then.