Tiara asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 4 months ago

Whats the best antivirus for gamers who mod their games?

I was going to get Norton but i heard that it prevents you from downloading mods and i want an antivirus and anti malware(I want something that protects everything so i don’t have to buy other protections) that doesn’t make it hard to download mods

Favorite Answer

I use ESET NOD32 AV on my PCs at home and it works great. Any somewhat decent AV will have an option where you can exclude folders from being scanned. For Malware, I use Malwarebytes. It is a pretty good antimalware program. It has a free version that works well enough for most people.

Norton and McAfee are pretty terrible programs, so I would avoid those. Just so you're aware, no AV program is 100% effective.

Side note: In response to Zachary's answer, CCleaner is not an antivirus or antimalware program. It is a utility that can help erase temporary and junk files, but it cannot protect your system from viruses or malware.

• Tiara4 months agoReport

Thanks so much for all the info it really helps i feel a lot less lost now <3

• Enigma

Kaspersky or Bitdefender. Never (NEVER) disable your firewall to play ANY online game.

Try CCleaner, it can delete all unwanted files and can alert you as soon as there's a virus on your computer.

• Tiara4 months agoReport

Does it have malware protection as well?