Christians do you agree that if there is no God  your life is meaningless and has no point in it .?

• Favorite Answer

The meaning of life is to give life meaning.

I find meaning in life every day, as well as love, laughter, happiness, hope, compassion, and kindness, and I'm an Atheist.

• Paul
    1 year ago

Maybe a few short-term points, but nothing important enough to knock myself out over.

• 1 year ago

No, the would be silly.  Thanks for asking.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 1 year ago

If there were no God, no, I don't think I would agree that my life was meaningless. We can all give purpose to our lives.

• 1 year ago

Of course you would only ask Christians, who have no choice but to agree. 

• 1 year ago

No, I don't agree.

None of our lives has an intrinsic meaning. We get meaning into our lives by choosing the meaning for ourselves, and living so as to express it. Beliefs--in God, or in anything else including simple decency--are just a way of making that choice, and pointing our lives in our chosen direction.

And if I should turn out to be entirely wrong in what I believe, my chosen meaning is still there, because I lived it. After all, even if there IS (as I believe) a God, my life would be meaningless if I didn't live out that belief. It's what we DO with our lives that gives them meaning.

Of course, this argument cuts both ways. I see no reason that an atheist's life should be meaningless, either.

• David
    1 year ago

All lives have meaning, with or without faith in God.

• 1 year ago

I agree with that statement, yes. 

• 1 year ago

Yes, I always feel that way.

1 year ago

Only a fool would agree with you, cupcake.