Is it possible to make a website with no regulations?

I’m getting sick of the way youtube and other social sites are becoming so strict about everything you post and having so many absurd rules and regulations so I’m 

wondering if it’s possible to make my own website where I never have to worry about someone else’s rules or regulations (besides the law) and just post whatever I want. 

(Not porn. Just regular stuff you’d find on YouTube or any site that might just have like swearing or some adult themes) I just want a place to post those without having to worry about coppa or admins or any other dumb things.

And yes I did post this question already but everyone thought it was for porn so I decided to remake the question and be Way more specific.

There's a Reddit Alternative called https://notabug.io/ which isn't too strict, as long as you see look at the rules, which is not to post NSFW or anything that can harm a computer. Otherwise it's just run by one Admin and you can post anything Anonymously. You could also create a simple HTML website on notepad and post links there lol. You would have to find a website to host it.

Posting images without license is illegal, posting stuff about other people is under gdpr, reposting quotes without references illegal, websites under wcag, etc. When you own a website you are also the one to blame when the stuff posted on ur website is illegal. 

You can try - anonymous here is a bit boastful (and those multiple exclamation marks remind me of a famous Terry Pratchett quote), but services that let you host anything exist. Problem is, servers that host illegal materials get taken down - see e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletproof_hosting - and are not that simple to find in the first place.

If you want to keep within the confines of the law(s), you'll first have to define which laws you are talking about - which country's laws, specifically. Depeneding on what and where, multiple countries' laws. You will then find that hosters like YT aren't that restrictive after all.

If you still decide to go ahead, there are hundreds (thousands?) of companies who will host your website - you can get anything, from a simple web presence with a single webpage up to a distributed server farm (altough on the upper end, you'll be limited to maybe two or three contenders). In this case, though, dealing with the legal limitations would be your and only your responsibility - people have gone to prison (or face extradition to the US) for running servers that permitted people to violate laws.

• Lv 7

i think you misunderstand. COPPA is NOT a YouTube thing. it's a U.S. Law. and because YT is a US based company, it must follow US laws.

and any website that is hosted in the US, or by a US citizen, must follow US laws.

it's not YT's fault, they're just following US laws.

moreover, they aren't as strict as you would think. you CAN post whatever you want. you just need to mark anything geared towards children as being for kids. not that hard really.

and as the FTC has stated, "To be clear, your content isn’t considered 'directed to children' just because some children may see it. However, if your intended audience is kids under 13, you’re covered by COPPA and have to honor the Rule’s requirements."

for more info:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blogs/business-blo...

again, if you're going to collect data on users (as YT does), these are the rules you have to follow.

if you aren't advertising, then none of this matters.

Nickname, well what shall you do about it?

Remember I can choose who visits my website(s), so I could easily ban you, and whoever I want from visiting my website(s), and there is nothing you can do about it. Guess whose videos it's going to belong to genius?

I think you are very confused. Admins are the people who make, maintain, and host websites. If you don't have this title then you will never be able to make a website with no regulations.

I can make websites about anything I want. Nobody can bring it down. People can try to take it offline, but it won't be easy.

I can make websites that forbids a lot of people from seeing it. I can choose who can see my website(s), and who can't!!!

I have admin status by the way, but not on yahoo answers. I make, and maintain websites. I can also host it too.

Yes, I could do what you want to do. I can duplicate youtube videos, and post them on any of my websites that I make. I am not telling you that you can do whatever I can do, and I really don't want you to think that. Because you might think hey I can do whatever someone else can do. Well you can try if you want!

I can be a lot stricter than the people who maintain youtube, and other social media websites. Remember I said that I can pick, and choose whoever I want to see my website(s).

• Robert

Welcome to the once great and once free nation. Good for you. Post away.

But what about an audience?  You’ll have zero to maybe 5 people interested.  I think a personal journal would be more rewarding. 

Godaddy and 1and1 (among others)

offer packages with a domain name and web space. They even have web builder tools. It costs about $10 a month including email. You can create almost anything that is legal.

It depends on the rules of the server that you rent space on. And you still can't post just anything. YouTube doesn't make the rules about using copyrighted music- the music industry is very vigilant about filing lawsuits when those laws are ignored. It's illegal to advocate for the violent overthrow of the government, and against slander and libel laws to tell lies about people. There are some rules that are needed to make society a decent place for everyone to live. 

As long as what you are posting is not copyrighted