Why would a Jew blame Christianity for the Holocaust?

Anyone who has studied this aspect of history will know that Adolf Hitler was not a Christian and that even if he was a Christian, the systematic extermination of six million Jews was not committed in the name of Christianity but Aryanism.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually, that's not exactly true.  Hitler wasn't a super Christian but the Nazi movement claimed to be working on God's side, just as the KKK did.  The stormtroopers wore belt buckles that said "Gott Mit Uns" (God is with us).

But maybe even more important was that antisemitism had a long history in Germany.  When Martin Luther reformed Christianity he met with Jewish leaders, expecting them to join him, since he'd eliminated all the corruption in the church.  When they refused, Luther wrote a lot of really nasty things about Jews.  So 300 years later, Jews were a convenient scapegoat.

Of course Nazism was much more complicated than just antisemitism.  But Jews can fairly blame Christians for 1000 years of intolerance in Europe.  And Christians unfairly blame Jews for killing Jesus.

• 1 year ago

First off, Hitler was a Catholic. Second off, while Hitler had reasons other than faith to go after the Jews, he was more than willing to use the teachings of the Catholic church and Martin Luther to promote his views. The Catholics had (May still have) a part of their Easter Mass that blames the Jews for the death of Jesus. And old Martin was very opposed to the Jews when they would not buy into his version of Christianity. This was taken from Wikipedia on his views. "First, to set fire to their synagogues or schools … This is to be done in honor of our Lord and of Christendom, so that God might see that we are Christians …"

"Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed."

"Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing, and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them."

"Fourth, I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach henceforth on pain of loss of life and limb …"

"Fifth, I advise that safe-conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews. For they have no business in the countryside …"

"Sixth, I advise that usury be prohibited to them, and that all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them …"

"Seventh, I recommend putting a flail, an ax, a hoe, a spade, a distaff, or a spindle into the hands of young, strong Jews and Jewesses and letting them earn their bread in the sweat of their brow … But if we are afraid that they might harm us or our wives, children, servants, cattle, etc., … then let us emulate the common sense of other nations such as France, Spain, Bohemia, etc., … then eject them forever from the country "" So no, Luther did not plan the Holocaust but his teachings fed in perfectly with what Hitler wanted to do.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Well, without special permission from the Vatican, Hitler's parents (uncle&niece to eachother) would have never married, so there's that..

and why don't you speak about the other millions that the Nazis interned and killed? You know, LEFTISTS, gypsies, handicapped, Jehova's Witnesses, homosexuals...

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Christianity blames Jews for the execution of Jesus.

It's written in our bible.

The Jews wanted to set an example out of a believed false prophet. So they took him to the Romans and had him executed. The Romans gave the Jews a choice. They had the option to release Jesus or a murderer. The Jews chose the murderer.

But... in my opinion it was an honest mistake that even Christians would have made to save the church.

So.... Jews hating Christianity, this is why. Christianity teaches things that would have been something they would have done.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Balfour Declaration was the root cause of everything. This has nothing to do with Christianity or whatever BS which is being used as scapegoat.

Even mainstream left wing newspaper of Israel Haaretz has an article about that.

Britain's True Motivation Behind the Balfour Declaration

Why the British thought a vaguely worded statement would galvanize American Jewish support for World War I - and how it became the engine that led to the State of Israel.

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-britain-s...

• 1 year ago

when almost 200,000 Jwes were Nazi soldiers........ top commanders were Jweish..... admirals were Jweish......... Hitler's doctor, who is buried in the USA, was Jweish.  & Jweish populations increase around the world after WWII by almost 6,000,000

• 1 year ago

cause they dont know any better

• 1 year ago

Just a week ago, the Church of England published a document blaming Christian anti-Semitism and lying about Jews to be the leading reasons for the Holocaust.  

In case you don't know this, in the 1980s the Roman Catholic Church apologized for spending centuries lying about Jews and supporting torturing Jews.  They stayed silent and did very little as millions were killed.  

• Doc
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

You mean he had an alternate motive for killing all those people ? Just as Stalin had his own agenda , and had nothing to do with Atheism. Strange how we've been saying that for decades, and yet you still blame Atheist.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Jews are too educated to make a stupid claim like that. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.