Does God ever heal disability or limitation?

I had a dream years ago

In my dream God said my i.q. was average but he would change me into a genius if I obeyed his laws

If God does heal

Why doesn't God heal everybody?

• Justin
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

12"But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath; but your yes is to be yes, and your no, no, so that you may not fall under judgment.

13Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray. Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises. 14Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; 15and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him. 16Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." (James 5:12-16).

If you think about it, EVERYONE swears by oaths, from the street level gang member, to the President of the United States, to doctors, nurses, lawyers, judges, law enforcement and jurors, soldiers, anyone who has any influence within society.

Why? Aren't these 'oaths' obsolete and outdated by now?

They have a spiritual basis which secular society would rather you not notice. Jesus tells us not to swear by them at all because only evil results, (Matthew 5:34-37).  

Even the famous term 'exorcist' literally means, 'to remove an oath,' from Greek: 'ex- and 'horkos' meaning 'oath.' That is the basis of evil influence.

We get caught up in these 'allegiances' to human causes and the 'idols' who lead them, which is how we end up sick or disabled in the first place. GOD doesn't lead us down paths of sickness and debility. So the path to healing is about acknowledging our error, exposing the 'idol' (i.e. 'celebrity'), upon which we have become fixated and repent of this fixation while acknowledging that GOD Alone should be in this role in our lives.

The 'elders of the Church' are 'non-celebrity' leaders who are suppose to remind us by example that our focus should be fixed on Christ Alone. We don't need to understand exactly how GOD heals in order for Him to do it, not even afterwards. We just need to recognize our error, confess it to Him and restore proper reference by replacing whatever 'idol' deceived us with a renewed worship of GOD and gratitude for all of His many blessings.  

• 1 year ago

No, mostly he helps us succeed in spite of them.

• 1 year ago

nope. as evidenced by no amputee has ever regenerated a missing limb

1 year ago

I think the main reason why god doesn't heal everybody is that he doesn't exist. Try your best to wrap your mind around that concept. Happy Holidays!

1 year ago

I hope and wish...I have gross motor skills, along with a plethora of mental issues. A lot my friends are disabled as well. It would be wonderful to be rid of everything that makes life so challenging.

• 1 year ago

If God healed just everyone for nothing, why would He allow us to get sick in the first place? He might as well just make everything perfect from the beginning.

• Kieth
    1 year ago

Be careful what you ask for, Stephen Hawking prayed for superior intelligence, and spent the last 40 years having to get someone to wipe his butt for him.

• 1 year ago

NOPE::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1 year ago

Sorry, but gods do not exist.