Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingPain & Pain Management · 8 months ago

What is the best over the counter anti inflammatory painkiller for knee/joint pain in the uk?

Favorite Answer

Different drugs work better for different people.  Ibuprofen works best for me, but you might be different.  I have some minor arthritis problems (more stiffness than pain) and for some reason acetaminophen works best for that.  Though it does nothing for me when I have a headache or joint pain.

You really just have to try a range of things (use as directed) and see what works best for you.

Let me know if you find one anywhere, I am in America, and my knees sometimes are very stiff and painful. Usually after I sit for a while or when I first get up in the morning. it feels like my legs are like the tin man in the Wizard of Oz. Where it is so hard to bend for a few steps, and then only with being oiled. so let me know if you find anything that works.

i would ask your doctor for a perscription

• k w

I got a painkiller for extracting some teeth from a homeopath, I dunno how it's sold there, in the states you can go to an herb store, drugs are different, not only are they dangerous but you need a prescription, and they are addictive.....my doctor gave me a homeopathic pill, it was marked, Arnica, Ruta, Hypericum....AND while looking up a pain killer for a friend with spinal stenosis...it mentioned, hypericum....so you may want to keep that in mind, I never felt any pain, from the surgery, and I could drive...

who wants to fight drowsiness from behind the wheel ? not me.......

• Tavy

I use Voltarol Gel,, it goes straight to the joint and does not upset the stomach.