Why is my computer so slow after upgrading to Windows 10?

A few weeks ago I updated my desktop from Windows 7 to 10. Since then my computer is very slow. I don't use Explorer and it's there. I use either Firefox or Google. Are there any programs associated with Windows 10 that I can safely delete to make it run faster?

Go to power plan at the bottom left of the search bar... type "Power Plan", set your power option from balanced to High performance

If you are unsatisfied with your computer's speeds, get a guy to install more ram

Before Windows 10 came out the experts always said that computers would do well to have more ram.

Windows Defender needs to be turned off, it has something to do with that causing your Windows 10 computer to run slow. Windows Defender is edited a lot differently in Windows 10 than it is in Windows 7. 

• John

Win10 is enough of a change to work much better on a new pc.  Many previous win versions have serious problems if upgraded on an existing pc.

Some of the reason may be that you mother board was built to operate Windows 7 and Windows 10 is a larger program.  I’m not a computer pro, that’s just what someone told me.  Hope it helps.

You didn't give us PC specs...

Depends, Did you do a fresh install or upgrade? Upgrading just overwrites your original version of Windows, When installing an operating system I personally prefer wiping the hard drive clean and doing a fresh install otherwise "upgrading" will just add to the clutter already on your pc therefore slowing it.

• Sam

It's probably still downloading and installing updates. It takes a long time.  Give it time and restart occasionally so updates (including updated drivers) will install. Be patient, it should run faster than Windows 7. After all the updates, and there will be many, it should end up running like a new computer. 

You can also remove the old Windows 7 files to free up space. Click "User' or 'This PC' icon 

Right-click the drive with Windows installation (usually C drive) and click Properties. 

Click Disk Cleanup and select Clean up the system. 

Select the Previous Windows Installation(s) option to delete old Windows.

What's your computer specs?....