Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutUnited StatesChicago · 6 months ago

Being supposed banned from Restaurant?

So I had an incident at a restaurant in which I made a complaint that was months ago. I didn’t like how I was being treated. Fast forward to now my friend went to the same restaurant in which they know both me and her for we are regulars. They’ve told her that I’ve been banned from the restaurant itself. Which I think is wrong cause I didn’t do anything wrong. My thing is I wanna go in and see if I’m really banned. Cause I’m only hearing it from a friend and though I believe my friend I need to see and hear it for myself. I think of it as a social experiment, the restaurant doesn’t know I know they’ve just told my friend. I think it’s time. Any advice wether to do it or not do it?

I would be careful if I was you. I complained about really bad service from a diner I used to got to with my son where the waiter was being a real prick. The next time we went, after we ordered, I saw this waiter, who had seen us, go over to our waitress and have a few words with her near the kitchen door. 

We got our food, ate in and left. Later on, I got some serious runs of the watery, explosive type you usually get from food poisoning. (yeah, I know...gross... I don't know any more eloquent way to describe it..) Let's just say I was never that great at math in school, but my basic arithmetic skills are passable. I know that 1+1= 2 , for instance. 

• Sparky

I would do it, and I would record it with video and audio too.

Okay so, you need to dress up as a different person, preferably different gender. Then, without making it very suspicious, ask one of the waiters about your "status" in the restaurant and make sure to make up some type of relation so they don't get suspicious themselves.

If this is your biggest problem in life, you have it pretty darn good.

Spend your money somewhere else. And reconsider that friendship.

• Scott

If you were truly banned, you go in and if they ask you to leave you do it quickly and quietly. If they had you trespassed by the police, you could be arrested if you go there.

• Nuff Sed

"Trespassed by police"? In English, we say, "arrested by the police upon a complaint of trespassing".

When one door closes, another one opens. Maybe you'll find another similar restaurant that's even better

• Erik

You must have really made a stink about something to be banned from a restaurant.  If you are really that curious, you have nothing to lose by walking in there and seeing what happens.  Just be prepared for them to ask you to leave, and then go eat somewhere else.

• Nuff Sed

Yes, if you have not ALREADY  been told you're "banned", then they may still have to tell you that before you can be arrested for entering again

Don't go there. There is always the possibility that trouble and violence may be ignited.

• Bob

You could either try going in and see if you have been banned or not, or try calling them and ask to speak to the manager.

I suggest you phone the restaurant manager and ask for a meeting. If he has banned you, tell him you're opening a million dollar lawsuit. It's the American way.

• Nuff Sed

"Opening a million dollar lawsuit"?  You can be immediately countersued for the costs of attorneys to defend them from your frivolous claims.