michinoku2001 asked in SportsHockey · 2 months ago

Do you think Peters and Cherry should be out of hockey because of racism?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

no. blacks don't get along with others

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes to both. Hockey has no room for such bigotry and nor does humanity in 2019. 

• 2 months ago

NONONONONONONONO

• 2 months ago

Peters- Lost his job, and likely will never coach again in the NHL. I think it's safe to say he got his karma for being racist towards other players.

Cherry- What he said was ignorant, but not racist. Did he insult another culture? No. Did he make snide remarks no? Did he make fun of other cultures apperances? No. He said something ignorant, CBC took it too far by firing him IMO.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

What did Cherry say that was not true?

• Bob
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Don Cherry is out, as for Peters, I don't think he is, but he might be.

• Cherry should have been let go years ago. I'm old enough to remember when Cherry ran the Mississauga Ice Dogs (before they moved to Niagara) and refused to have non-Canadian players on his team (he was so successful they won 3 games their first year...in a 68 game schedule). This is who he is. We all tolerated it because he was old cranky grandpa and we just sort of accepted it. Here's the thing: he never really brought much to the table and he'd make the same rants every week.

Peters is done. You can't run "hockey is for everyone" when a head coach uses racial slurs in front of an Afro-Canadian player.

• Jay
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No. They should be out for all the other shi­t that theyve done. For the past 2 decades cherry has just been a rambling geriatric idiot that was never good enough to play more than one game in the nhl

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.