Why do I have to wear a seat belt in a car?

Favorite Answer

You can get a ticket if you don't. But i have drove without a seat belt a few times but i live in the city where the speed limit is 30. But if i was driving on the highway i would definetly wear a seat belt unless you want to fly out the window during a fatal accident.

Wearing a seat belt can reduce risk of a fatal injury. If you sit in a seat with a seat belt you must wear the seat belt!!! I was in a terrible car accident 3 years ago; my seat belt saved me. Your body is traveling at the same speed as the vehicle even though you’re just sitting on your butt. If the vehicle stops abruptly, whether it’s a hard stop or an automobile accident, your body will continue moving forward…you know what happens if you do now wear seat belt

You don't if you don't want to.

To protect you from yourself.

It saves the government money. They don't want to end up  paying for your burial or hospital bills. That's why they passed a law FORCING us to buy medical insurance.Thanks Obama......PLUS,it's another way to make money on traffic citations.

• zipper

Because BIG BROTHER wants to control you and your actions. The girl I was to marry died because she was wearing a seat belt, it cut her throat and she bleed to death!

• F

If you'd ever seen a film of someone going through a windscreen , you wouldn't ask.

To restrain your dumb azz in case of an accident.

Common sense and it is the law in most places.

Seatbelts result in fewer fatalities, so the law requires them to be worn.

• Satan

Because it's the law

(depending on which country or state youre in)