Why do I have to wear a seat belt in a car?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You can get a ticket if you don't. But i have drove without a seat belt a few times but i live in the city where the speed limit is 30. But if i was driving on the highway i would definetly wear a seat belt unless you want to fly out the window during a fatal accident.

• 8 months ago

Wearing a seat belt can reduce risk of a fatal injury. If you sit in a seat with a seat belt you must wear the seat belt!!! I was in a terrible car accident 3 years ago; my seat belt saved me. Your body is traveling at the same speed as the vehicle even though you’re just sitting on your butt. If the vehicle stops abruptly, whether it’s a hard stop or an automobile accident, your body will continue moving forward…you know what happens if you do now wear seat belt

• 8 months ago

You don't if you don't want to.

• 8 months ago

To protect you from yourself.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

It saves the government money. They don't want to end up  paying for your burial or hospital bills. That's why they passed a law FORCING us to buy medical insurance.Thanks Obama......PLUS,it's another way to make money on traffic citations.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Because BIG BROTHER wants to control you and your actions. The girl I was to marry died because she was wearing a seat belt, it cut her throat and she bleed to death!

• F
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

If you'd ever seen a film of someone going through a windscreen , you wouldn't ask.

• 8 months ago

To restrain your dumb azz in case of an accident.

• 8 months ago

Common sense and it is the law in most places.

• 8 months ago

Seatbelts result in fewer fatalities, so the law requires them to be worn.

• Satan
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Because it's the law

(depending on which country or state youre in)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.