whats the best way to make coffee?

be specific.

• John

"best" is whatever you are used to.  I like my Cuisinart coffee maker, I use a gold mesh filter, I grind beans from 8'Oclock coffee from Amazon. Guests compliment my coffee. 

I recommend using a grinded coffee on the coffee strainer and pour hot water on the that to brew the coffee on whatever size of the cup.

• Mj

Use a French press. 

• CB

"Best" is relative - here is how I do it and I believe it to be best on several levels.

Coffee maker with funnel type filter #4, whole beans, preferably starbucks and dark roast but any good roaster is fine. Grind the beans add to filter add filtered water and let drip. Adjust quantities to desired flavor.

One cup at a time I would use a French Press with same bean type

Buy it at McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's , etc

all black coffee with no sugar or creme

Take some fresh imported Colombian coffee beans and gently massage them one at a time with your finger tips. Don't be too rough with them. After about 30 minutes of doing this carefully place them in a manual coffee grinder. Gently grind the beans into coffee grounds. Dump out the top 10% to get rid of the impurities. Then place the grinds in a jar with a tight lid. Then store them in a cool dry place for 3 weeks. During this time open the jar once every 7 days. After the 3 weeks is up your coffee is ready to brew. Then slowly pour the coffee grounds into a paper filter and put the filter in your coffee maker. Gently massage the top of the coffee maker for 15 minutes. Then add charcoal filtered water to the coffee maker and let it set for another five minutes. Then once the time is right start the coffee maker. When pouring the coffee make sure that you are pouring it into porcelain cup and not a ceramic one. Enjoy!

From Coffee Beans

• Mark

I prefer the drip method.  Other kinds of brewing often leave coffee grounds the the coffee.

First, bring water to a boil in a kettle.

If using whole beans, grind the beans to a uniform consistency similar to granulated table salt.

Meanwhile, put a filter in the brewer and rinse with hot water. This removes the papery residue on the filter and warms up the brewer, keeping your coffee hot for longer. Discard the water used for rinsing.

Add the grounds to the filter, making sure the surface is level. When the water is between 195°F and 205°F (about a minute after removal from heat), slowly and steadily pour just enough water over the grounds to saturate them completely, starting from the middle and working your way outward. Stop pouring before the coffee begins to drip through. This is called the "bloom" pour, which allows the coffee to de-gas.

Slowly pour in the remaining water, keeping the water in the dripper between half and three-quarters full. This should take 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully remove the filter, then serve and enjoy.