Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 8 months ago

Why do guys play video games?

Like honestly people we have adults playing video games and all my friends are basically avoiding me because I am not a gamer and bye the way I did Play game before when I was a kid I'm 25 years old right but now I find games so boring and such a waste of time can't we just accept the fact that games are for kids!

It's relaxing and fun.

Well I'm a girl and I've been playing videogames from as far back as I can remember. I'm 20 now but I've been playing since I was very young. They're fun. You might not be playing your type of game. It doesn't matter the age of the person playing videogames. If they're 10 or 60 or 23. It doesn't matter. Age doesn't restrict a person from playing a videogame.

• Tasm

You didn't play your style of game. I'm almost 50 and have been playing video games all my life. Some games are not my type, zzz, but others are awesome. 

If you find it boring you could always spend the time working on your grammar. 

Because it’s fun 

Because I find them enjoyable, and an excellent way to relax

well, some still find it fun. its just a hobby.

Not sure if you're a guy or girl, i just know you seem like an insecure bafoon. Games have been around since the 40's!! I'm 44 and started on Atari, had a great childhood, played outside, road bikes, played with toys etc. Gaming was always a fun past time when it was just to hot out, raining or snowing. No different than binge watching shows, Netflix, Hulu or what not. Also it's interactive, way more than just STARING at a screen. You get engrossed and it's fun. If you sit for hours on end, yes you have a problem. But when i played as a kid i couldn't wait to see where graphics would be in the future. Well here we are 30 some odd years later, and look at how real games are etc. I still love the old ones as well. Don't knock gaming unless you've been gaming you're whole life, like myself. Oh and btw, I've had 2 marriages, one child, the whole family deal. Wasn't for me. Also had two metal bands I drummed for. So i HAD a life, and still do. Now it's MY TIME. Not everyone else's. Now go buy a PS4 or even an old 360!! (wink)

Sounds like someone has a little FOMO going on and blaming everyone else.

That's not how this works.

I use to play PC games like it was a job and would go to events to compete. Then all the sudden it stopped being fun and took a long break from all of it. I just recently got back into gaming after about 5-6 years. Now I'm married, have two kids, and when everybody else is watching television - I'm playing video games again.

It's great entertainment and you can let loose without taking everything so seriously for a little while. I think that's why feminists are trying to hurt gaming by making it politically correct. Sales are down for a lot of big franchises because they want to appease the feminists and left wing politics. And I think their real incentive here is to remove what is essentially the last spot guys can be themselves without someone breathing down their neck and correcting every little thing they say.

Is that why you don't like video games?