Am I a homophobe?

So like yes, I’m Catholic. I’ve never been against lgbt people in general, as I know a couple of them and they’re great people. I totally respect their decision as it’s not my place to judge them. But the thing is, I hate that lgbt is a thing. Like why can’t we just have men and women get married and continue on the regular life cycle that’s always been around? Isn’t that how God made us? Men and women. I believe that God loves everyone, even people who might go against bible teachings. That’s why it’s so complicated for me to explain this as I feel like I could be judged based on religion. It’s so confusing to me as I wish it wasn’t a thing, but at the same time, I don’t hate on people for it or really ever mention it. 

All this concluded: I don’t mind these people, they’re not harming me in any way, and I don’t treat them any differently as it’s not my decision and I can’t change them, but I wish we didn’t have a concept of LGBT and it simply just didn’t exist. I would rather men like women and women like men and that’s it. I would rather people stay in their original state and not change themselves. I feel that it’s also partially because I hate how identifying differently complicates matters and starts arguments.  

Fists thing dick head...Catholicism is ok with lgbtq and don't try and argue because I'm apart of the community and I'm catholic…ive looked into it and even if so that's crap! second thing... you can obviously see that your straight, so you wouldn't know what its like...you cant control who you find attractive, even if you can control what you do about it, you cant fake a marriage like that its just wrong. Would you rather loads of people who feel true love for someone not the opposite sex, fake a marriage for society and to make you happy, or them to be with their true love, or exploring their sexuality. you disgust me! next time you find someone you love or find attractive, try and keep them out of your like and ask the fist straight person of the opposite sex that you see on the side of the street to marry you!!! 

Are you scared of gays? yes? then homophobe. no? not a homophobe

Your question was are you a homophobe. No, you are not. You were just sick of the LGBTQ blah blah blah nonsense, just like everybody else is. They don’t deserve special rights and they are abnormal.

It’s not really that some people decided to be lgbt, like how you don’t decide who to have a crush on, they don’t decide what gender they have a crush on. They just like them

Your faith teaches that God made man in His own image. It doesn't imply that God made any imperfect people. So if God is perfect, all his creation is perfect, including those persons who are LGBTQ. Back off before you blaspheme.

it's not a choice to be lgbt, that's just how life is. the facts of life don't care about how you feel. it also doesn't affect you at all

i will say that i am a trans man (born female, transitioned to male), and i do agree with you that i wish the concept of transgender didn't exist. it's caused me a lot of pain in my life and i wouldn't wish it on anyone (and i certainly didn't choose to be this way!). but again, that's life

God made gays, too. If God is omnipotent, he shouldn't make mistakes. It was intentional. You're not homophobic, you're just a tad bit confused. I'm gay, and I don't think you have to understand the lgbtq community to be supportive.

Read what the catechism of the catholic church says about being gay. There is a section in their that says that being gay is how we are through no fault of our own. Its not a choice! Its how we were made. The church also wants lgbt to remain in the fold and participate in services - its just that they want us to be celibate for life and not have gay rights. Also - most catholic laity and priest are pro lgbt - its just the top brass in the vatican and the arch right catholics that are against us. 

Source(s): Out gay catholic that is a member of dignity usa - gay catholics working to reform the church from within.
  • You are just trying to be a good catholic nothing wrong with that let God do his will don't worry about such things keep treating them as you always have.

I am catholic too. I am not very religious. But I believe in God and I like the church no matter what. 

I think you are a jerk   . What do you mean by “LGBT didn’t exist”? Even the church acknowledges the gay people. it admits that gays can’t change their orientation to straight. Are you bigger than the church ?Sure, it would be so nice if everything is so perfect in the world. Heterosexuality is the ideal.  I am not denying it. The ultimate purpose of sex is procreation And creation of families. No doubt about it.  I am a huge supporter of traditional man woman marriage And large families. But what to do about gay people? Gay people exist too. There are outliers in everything. 

You are  NOT  homophobic.  I think you are just confused. Try to meet more gay men. You will like them. They are nothing like what people like Steve Anderson want you to believe.