should you stop for a school bus even after school hours?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes, kids are still trying to get home and drivers not stopping makes it worse. My daughter was once on the bus till 8pm because drivers wouldn't stop. 

• 8 months ago

If the bus stops and puts out its sign or flashes its lights, you stop for the bus. Kids still have to get home after school hours.

• 8 months ago

yes, I dont want a ticket

• Katie
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

That is purely an American thing - stopping for a school bus.  If you did that in the UK you would be fined for obstructing the traffic.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

sure if the red lights are flashing

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

i think you should

• Fantom
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Since there are school activities after normal school hours, of course we'd stop.

• 8 months ago

Yes but only under one condition, if the driver slows down to side of road it means he/she wants them to pass you. But if that red stop sign is not down then don't pass it but rather wait for the stop sign to be recoiled or vice versa and then make sure that there is no one in front of you and continue with caution but never pass the red stop sign when the driver puts the sign down if you're behind it at a school during the school hours. hope that helps

Source(s): Drove buses for 45 years I used Siri to answer this shits so hopefully it all made sense
  • Rain
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Yes if it stops and the stop sign sticks out, the bus is dropping kids home. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.