I have win 7 pro will updates end for it on 1-14-2020 or is it just for home 7?

ITS FOR ALL WIN 7 and NO UPDATES will be made after Jan 14. IF you plan on keeping your win 7 you need to DOWNLOAD AND SAVE ALL WIN UPDATES so you can reinstall them in case you do a reload of your winn 7. YOU will not be able to downlod them from MSN but IF you have them saved somewhere else you can reinstall them from your saved files. 

THEY will try to scare you into getting the WIN 10 BUT WIN !) sucks... I still use XP which I have had no problems with but I was smart enough that I copied ALL UPDATES ETC> for it before they were no longer available so when I reformat etc. I have all the old security updates to load back on. 

I Know its 32 bit system but I have a few programs which costed me a few thousand dollars for that will not work on a 64 bit system such as MY AutoCad Programs.

• falcon

Time to upgrade to windows 10 dawg

It is for ALL WINDOWS7.  No more updates means no one at the other end working against new malware attacks.  M$ knows its language, so when virus writers manage to get in and mess it up the guys at M$ have to work on a fix.  Once they figure it out they send it to all the AntiVirus companies and AntiMalware companies so they can write it in their language to then be offered to the users of their program.  People who pay Norton a subscription fee deserve to get the latest updates, but the company has to get it FIRST FROM M$.  If M$ is no longer working with Win7 then no further updates can be had.  Virus writers and malware writers continue to try to access the many Loopholes in the XP program and in the Win 7 programming.  When that happens, you are screwed as there is no patch to protect against it.  A patch is a hole M$ found themselves and patched it up just in case someone else gets to it.   There is as many holes as there is in Swiss Cheese.  You can still access the internet, but now those that write spy ware or other stuff can get access to you computer once they use the right key.  You may get shut down with RANSOMWARE where they ask you for many dollars to unlock your computer and your stuff is locked out from you.  So pay the ransom does not mean they will be good on their end.  If your computer is loaded with files such as a hospital and all the patients and doctors and nurses and the pay machines that pay them by check and does the billing automatically and other stuff, yeah that is a world of hurt.

To lose all that data.  When you can't get to it, you lost it..  That is the risk you are now taking.

All windows updates will end for users in january 2020. microsoft will still sell updates but not to home users.

• Dave

No truth to that whatsoever. Windows 7 is dead to MS in January.

Your Windows 7 computer will still operate, of course, but there will be no further security updates, patches, or support whatsoever -- after Jan 14, 2020 -- for both Home and Pro. I understand BUSINESSES still running Win 7 may be able to get an extra year of support.

Support for all versions of Win 7 (Home, Pro and Enterprise) will end January of next year.  this does not mean the Win 7 stops working or anything.  It just means that Microsoft will not longer be providing any updates to Win 7.

Updates end for all versions.

There may be paid third party updates available like those for XP.

I'd suggest either updating to Win 10 or try one of the many linux flavors; Elementary OS, Ubuntu and Mint come to mind.

This only applies to all versions of Windows 7. No more updates or security patches will be available for the operating system after January 14, 2020.

• Ron75

It ends for all versions but you can still use it. I still use XP a lot.

Ron

• Dave

Windows 7 (any version) end of life is next month.