alex asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 2 months ago

The best route & fastest route to go to become an airline pilot without going to a college after high school?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Daddy has to be a billionaire?  It is still a "Maybe"  Or fly for the drug cartel? Remember, it is not like driving a farm tractor.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You are looking for a unicorn.

• 2 months ago

You do need to go to college.

• 2 months ago

Simply not going to happen.

Going to college is an indication of intelligence and capacity to learn. THAT'S what the airlines are looking for rather than a specific degree or qualification. Without going to college the airline recruiters will assume you're an uneducated fool and won't even look at you.

Source(s): I got a good job because I had a degree. My degree was entirely unrelated to the job, but they wanted educated people.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you want to fly for a major airline in the USA there isn't one. Without a college degree you won't be competitive with the 99% of applicants who have one, so it will take you a lot longer and you may never succeed in flying for a major airline. 

• Joseph
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A couple of years ago Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine in a feature article on how airlines cope with pilot shortage reported that SkyWest Airlines, a large regional carrier headquartered in St. George, Utah, hired 37 pilots during the previous year.  Only one didn't have a college degree.  Do you like those odds? 

• Rick
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Military experience ..................................

• Reginald
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

All the armed forces require a college degree for a candidate to receive flight training.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Good luck.  They want you to finish college.  They make sure you can read.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Give the guy who hand out fly certificates ten billion dollars?

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don't want you flying anything I'm on!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.