Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 2 months ago

I'm all for being environmentally friendly, and I know cars are bad for planet, but what's the alternative?

I could walk to work and for light shopping, but friends / family that live over 30 minutes away? I've been trying to think of a solution but no luck so far

• martin
    Favorite Answer

Cars operating on gasoline have yet to be replaced. Electric engines and ethanol have made some advances, but still haven't replaced regular gasoline. You are not at fault. No one is. Science is working on inventions night and day. Everyone just has to wait.

• zipper

Going back to the days of cavemen. And eating each other for dinner.  Not a very nice or good choice is it?

• John

Your a slave to your penial desires, enslaving yourself to foreign powers.

The world is changing due to habitat loss.

25 years ago one could slave away at a 'job' paying for one's self and 'drive' 'cars' but no longer.

And in fact your interested no long in slaving away at 'jobs'.

Your interests now lie in self employeement perhaps growing and  roasting fine coffee and hand delivering by bicycle, coffee you obviously want to sell for ,2-3 dollars a pound because you want to make a living.

There's other things too...fine freshly made Bavarian cream filled bismarks, going for a quarter, donuts? Fried chicken you raise and watermelon you grow. Fresh bread from your own home grown wheat.

Butter milk. All under 2 dollars. Maple syrup applesauce.

Tailored clothing door to door? Price competitive and way undershooting.

None of this requires mechanization.

Surprise surprise that's exactly it. You want that car to screw around.

You really don't care you just are too lazy to walk. "It makes your liddle itsy bitsy feetsy hurt".

Plus your bosses from foreign countries ain't stupid. To grab the live stock the dogs cats horses cows sheep goats gold silver oil timber and everything else requires keeping you fat lazy and stupid adsorbing defense resources.

I actually did not realise how retarded you all are in America's defense until I actually had time yo read the internet.

Head home syckss before you get nuked. 

ride-sharing is a possible answer. Public transport.

Don't buy a vehicle for a fashion statement, but for what you actually need.

Pretty much anywhere is walking distance, given enough time

Get a cow. It will eliminate the need for a lawn mower, will provide you with dairy products, and you can hitch it to a cart to take the kids to school in.

Who says cars are bad for the planet? Cars produce CO2 essential for all plant life. Right now CO2 is at 400 ppm the optimum for plant growth is 800 ppm. If we reduce CO2 we will all die

I have never worked anywhere in my lifetime that I could have walked to.  Mostjobs meant i had to rely on at least one form of public transport and others I did need to drive to as there were no alternatives.  Best you could do in those circumstances is car pools.  Not always the most reliable or convenient either, but I did try that out for about a year until I moved again.  Depending on how fit you are you could consider bike riding, or even get a motorcycle licence, as motorbikes  use far less fuel than cars.  I imagine you dont live in a rural area where riding a horse and from work, with suitable stabling available, etc. is not out of the question.

• oikoσ

Public transit in metropolitan areas. In a planned community, everything should be within walking distance and zoned appropriately.

• Dze

hmm .. actually the huge industrialized system that ties everything and everyone together is the current main root problem in the world .. things need to be reorganized into more local community based 'self contained' operations but it cannot and will not happen with elites profiting off of the system they have set up .. either some form of revolution removes the elites that lock things into how they are or things will eventually fail to the point they will reset ..