Michael asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 10 months ago

Is it better to pay a credit repair company or to send my own dispute letters?

I am working on fixing my credit score and there are a few items that are over 7 years old on my reports as well as some that are incorrect and that I need to dispute. I have a friend who referred me to a credit repair company but it's like 70-120 bucks a month. Should I attempt to dispute these myself or is it worth it to pay the credit repair company? Thank you in advance for the advice!

Favorite Answer

You're much better off writing your own letters and using that $70-$120 towards your debts.  

Do it yourself.

• Tavy

Scams all of them. They cannot do anything to repair your history, they cannot make it disappear.

They cannot do anything you cannot. I consider paying someone big money to do something you can do yourself in a few minutes to be a scam.

Also, they imply they can remove legit bad information. That is false unless you just get very lucky and one of them fails to reaffirm it.

Credit Repair companies are largely scams.