What are some good gloves for a bike rider under 1300 INR?

I am planning to buy a pair of gloves for my rider friend. He doesnt do bike sports or extremely dangerous riding, but frequently goes on trips in a 100 km range. I tried to buy rynox recon gloves but they are out of stock. Suggest some other good brands under rupees 1300? And also are the scoyco gloves any good?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Look for tactical gloves at an Army surplus store. $17 with tax. Had knuckles, cotton, so, so washable. Beats $29-$75  for a name brand that might be partially leather and harder to fix on the road. 

$10 buys some thick padded winter gloves at WalMart. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Fred
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Buying motorcycle gloves for someone else is a difficult choice.  

I am very picky on fit, protection, and materials.

If you experience cold weather at your location I would go with a pair of silk liners for cold weather extension of  comfort in temperatures  reduced by 10F.   There are 'rag silk' glove liners, they look like crap are cheap.  (the wife unfortunately throws them away because they look like crap!)  .. But they feel  deliciously warm! 

The fine weave of silk traps a great amount of small air pockets next to the skin and need an outer layer glove to trap warm air next to the skin. 

• Anon
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

No one makes Silk MC gloves. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Give him the money and let him buy them himself.  Gloves are a personal thing. And different size hands fit different gloves.  

You can't buy him shoes for the same reason. Everyone's foot is different.  Some people have allergies to certain glove material.

He may want the gloves DARTH VADER wears...or the gloves Michael Jackson wore(he is your friend)

• 2 months ago

dddddddddddddddddd

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

In my 20 years riding, the best gloves I had was a pair of leather White Mule garden gloves. Cheap, tough and OK for cold.

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

1300 INR = 18.18 USD.  I don't know the market in India.

I do not do "sports" and in 55 years on motorcycles I have never crashed.  I went with deerskin gloves.

• Bill
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Consider something like First Gear brand mesh gloves for riding in hot weather, and deerskin leather for cooler weather.  Deerskin, elk skin, and goat skin last for years and have good abrasion resistance but can be expensive.

I've had good luck with trucker driving gloves from truck stop type stores. 

A good and thoughtful gift, something a rider always needs and appreciates.

• ...Show all comments
    • Anon
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

I fixed my old $15 Chi-nee one; reinforced it with plastic inside the double-leather shell, restitched it  with nylon. Replaced cheap web straps with leather dog collars. . looked so i good I Almost kept it..

• 2 months ago

Churchill Gloves in the USA makes wonderfully soft deerskin motorcycle gloves. No idea about shipping costs and the conversion rate, though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.