Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Best ways to loose weight for women ?

Hi quite a sensitive subject I had a baby 20 months ago and since then have gone up 3 dress sizes I’m very depressed and uncomfortable with my size. I don’t really have time to go to a gym As no one can look after my child she isn’t in nursery yet or to really work out time my child goes to sleep I’m too tired. I’ve tried diets they don’t seem to help. What can I do 😢

Favorite Answer

First, know you aren't alone.  Being a mom is hard work and many woman get a little lost during those first couple of years.  You are more than capable of doing what you need to do as a stay-at-home mom with a baby.  Mindset is so important.  You are the CEO of your life and you can take control.

Diet:

I hate to say it, but the reality is that most people who are overweight are overeaters and emotional eaters. You're probably a little stressed, a little bored, and lonely.  So you snack and eat foods that aren't the best choices (cereal, crackers, chips, cookies mac 'n cheese).  I would strongly encourage you to look into a ketogenic diet.  I know it seem radical, but it really isn't.  Eat 6-8 cups of vegetables every day.  Eat 8 ounces of lean protein (eggs, beef, chicken, fish) every day.  Do not eat fruit, sweets, grains, beans.  Get fat from olive oil, nuts, and avocado.  Eat about 1,500 calories a day.  If you don't lose weight, drop that down.

When you start to fuel your body with the nutrients it needs and take about the things that are causing you to be tired and inflamed, you'll get better sleep and have more energy.

Exercise:

If you have a DVD player, you can get workout DVDs from your local library along with books.  You can also purchase streaming workouts like Beachbody On Demand.  You can even bundle up your baby in a stroller and go for a walk.  Or turn on the tunes and the two of you can dance.  Yes, it is challenging to workout with a toddler but it isn't impossible.  By age 20 month, your child can either workout with you (they love to follow what you do) or be safe in a nearby play pen for 20 minutes.  Sure, you may have to take a break to deal with something, but that isn't an excuse not to try at all.

Community:

If you are feeling bored and isolated at home, please consider getting into groups of other mothers of toddlers.  There are mommy and me classes at local rec centers, MOPS at local churches, and, of course, your own friends.  Find reasons to get together and do healthy things that also feed your soul.  Take the kids to the zoo, a park, or a kids museum.  Get together to pre-prep veggies and healthy meals.  Share childcare so you can go out and buy some workout gear.  

If you want to lose 35lbs pounds alone and stay on a weight loss meal plan.SO check this short videos.

👉http://bit.ly/33y7DCy

Simple, take the unnecessary "o" out of "lose" and that should help...

• Lôn

The word is LOSE, loose is the opposite of tight,

You need to eat less than you burn. Any diet that works, works through calorie restriction. You need to count calories and stay in a caloric deficit. You don't need to workout. Just don't overeat and you will lose weight. 

• Marc

You can get some exercise stuff at home. Hand weights, a fit ball, medicine ball and look up some easy stuff to do at home online. There are tons of personal trainers on instagram for example who give free routines to show how they do their stuff. Ive been following a bunch of them and I have picked up all kinds of things to do. Anita Herbert has some great stuff...check her out.

The other part is diet. Are you nursing? If so, dont restrict calories but dont overdo the simple carbs and saturated fats. Your baby depends on you. You can have lean meats like chicken/fish/pork. Veggies and friuts. Try to avoid pasta and breads as well as fried and fatty foods.

This is all about a switch in your head that only you can throw. You have to make up your mind that you will make the changes necessary to get to where you want to be. Its ok to stumble every now and then...as long as you get back on track

• Chris

Male or female the answer is always the same. For best results you need diet and exercise. 

• Sal*UK

Weight watchers and Slimming WOrld work - but you do have to do them properly. And you could go to meetings as a little one would be no problem there - morning classes have loads of mums with babies and toddlers.

• Lili

When you say diets don't help, do you mean that you stayed on them but didn't lose weight or that you couldn't stay on them?

If you couldn't stay on them, it may be that you were eating too little. You need at least 1200 calories per day -- more if you're breastfeeding.  You also need a variety of nutrients.

If you stayed on the diets but weren't losing, perhaps you were eating too much. Human beings are notoriously bad at calculating their calorie consumption accurately.  They almost always underestimate.

So, you need to be really careful about how much you are eating.

You also should step up your activity levels.  I suggest putting the baby into a stroller and getting out for at least two long brisk walks every day. Walking is great exercise, but don't just amble along -- walk briskly. Really give your legs and lungs a work-out. Eventually, you might even do a little jogging. There is such a thing as a jogging stroller.

And could you watch some YouTube videos on exercise at home?  Even just 10-20 minutes a day would be a good idea.

Good luck.

I was on keto for 3 months, but noticed it wasn't working the best health-wise for me (I was feeling sick a lot), so I stopped it, but within that 3 months, I lost 30 pounds and have KEPT it off by intuitive eating and fasting. I really only eat 2 meals a day, nothing crazy, have treats sparingly, eat whole grains for my carbs, and pay attention to my hunger cues. The hardest thing for me to give up was white bread and sodas, but I have done so and kept the weight off.

It might not agree with your body, but you can try that. I understand that with a baby, things can get hectic, but you have to invest in your body too, and pay attention to yourself. I might not be a mother, sure, but I remember my own mother going through this with my brother (we are 8 years apart). She gained a lot of weight and was able to lose a good amount after about 2 years and keep it off. 

Food prep, when you can do it, is also a HUGE help in weight loss. If you are prepared, have meals ready, this will tempt you less to eat out or on the run, since you have food ready.