Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Who was the feminist who said men falsely accused of rape often benefit from the experience?

And do you agree with her sentiment?

Thank you to those who provided her name. That’s all I needed to google her and what she said.   

Favorite Answer

Someone named Catherine Comins. She claimed it would make men think about what it felt like to be a female victim. I suppose men never think about that? 

No, I don't think false accusations have any value at all. 

• .Jerry.

@ Robin, false premise.  The entire world agrees that a dog has 4 legs.  If you claim otherwise due to the semantics of calling a tail a leg, that that is your operating method here, not mine.

Clearly, you are on the wrong side of reality here.

• Fred

No, I do not in any form agree with that sentiment!

Everyone should know and fear that we live in a society where elected governmental officials  will knowingly prosecute an innocent individual. 

If there is any benefit in such an experience it would be:  If you do not fear ANY form of government... such an experience, attempt, or act; will most definitely place a fear of Any government upon you!  

… AND... You WILL adjust your behavior adequately! 

• Fred

the corner hardware store.  If you should errantly find or use one... You MUST wear eye protection!  I try to remove my hardened tools from general use and may fail, therefore: USE EYE PROTECTION USING ANY HAMMER STRUCK TOOL!  

any man who has ever catcalled/sexually harassed/ raped a woman should be in prison.

• Bill

That's a fun claim. You could spend a year and half in jail from a false accusation all because they set the bail for these kind of crimes to ridiculously high amounts. When in jail you can be be assaulted physically or even sexually, and even if that doesn't happen you're likely going to leave the experience emotionally traumatized. 

In that time in jail you're not earning a salary nor are you able to meet your obligations. Your children could even end up in foster care and be sexually assaulted themselves. 

At what point does any of this benefit the man or his family? 

It's funny though that proving that a woman lied is actually harder than proving a woman was raped. You could have witnesses that back up your story, while she has nothing to support her case whatever, and yet she won't be charged for making a false accusation. Funny how that works. 

Anyway, the woman you're looking for is Catherine Comins.

• Cee

Some nutjob ***** I'm guessing.

• Fred

Yeah! Me?  I have a voice so weak I can't sustain voice stamina  threw an instructional group dance lesson!  I'm going to step up in a defensive posture against an electronic  public address system???   

Every feminist. And no I don't agree.

I mean, some women who see other women successfully get men put away with a false rape/sexual assault report begin to think themselves like "Hmm, it worked for her, maybe it could work for me, just imagine how much money I may get", you know, seeing as how a man will often be made to pay the woman who accused him. So yes, false rape/sexual assaults benefit women. That feminist was right.

google it sir.... That's all you have to do 

I'm pretty sure it was Julie Bindle but Google has changed its algorithms so it is harder to look up.

"Who was the feminist who said men falsely accused of rape often benefit from the experience?"

That was prominent feminist Catherine Comins.  Shen was assistant Dean at Vassar.  Did she lose her job like a man would if he said that a woman can learn from being raped?  No.  Was she even challenged by other feminists regarding her openly hateful comments .  Again, no!

Even her close ties with with many Democrat politicians were not undone. And she also helped draft the Violence Against Women Act.  Little wonder feminism has a bad name when it has such a mainstream influence like this, but it's most hateful members keep rising as they are promoted after pushing such shameless man-hate.

And no, I do not agree with her sentiment.  And I will not sit idly by and say nothing on the matter either like armchair feminists do.

https://www.crimeandfederalism.com/2010/04/feminis...

.