Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 10 months ago

Can hydrogen peroxide kill STDs?

I have a friend that say he wipes his penis off with peroxide and also uses a Q-tip, dips it in peroxide and sticks it in his urethra to avoid potential STDs after sex.

Favorite Answer

No, because if it did, the guy who discovered it would have been assassinated.  Then Socialists would come up with a "prescription" that does no good, causes more symptoms, and charges $500.00 per pill.

Ummm no you need to go back to the doc 

• Roddy

One should NEVER insert anything into the urethra (except a medically prescribed sterile catheter) as it can cause irritation of the urethral lining and subsequent infection.

• On surfaces it may kill bacteria but not viruses, on / in the genitals not so much. It can cause some irritation if it's put on or in the genitals. 

Using condoms is the best way to help prevent most stds from being passed on.

• Tulip

I can't stop laughing

Peroxide will kill germs.   I don't know if all STD's are viruses, but I imagine a lot of them are.    In which case, peroxide would be useless.

No, it does not, and do not even try this nonsense.

Please use condoms every single time,  and if you suspect anything unusual regarding your health, run, don't walk, to your doctor.

It lessens the likelihood of passing on an STD... 

But I wouldn't count on it as protection.