If I Ask a question on here and someone answers am I unable to delete the question?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes sadly I wish there was some way u could delete it I was on here too young cause I’m an idiot and shared way too much

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

In the old days of Yahoo! Answers, askers would get tons of answers then delete the question. Once, I posted a great answer, thoughtfully written. I refreshed the page to see it all gone. Then in the questions, he asked it again to correct spelling or something silly. Also people would delete the question once done so they can get their points back. So Yahoo! made it so once answers come, a question is locked-in permanently (barring getting reported). The company owning the content is a byproduct of this, but it's not the reason.

So no, unable to delete once answered. Sorry you are getting spoken to rudely by some of the others. You didn't complain that you can't delete. You asked IF you can delete. A simple technical question. Hopefully the background information helps.

Good luck.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

That is correct. Once a question has even 1 answer, it can no longer be deleted by the user who posted it. That came about years ago, when some people would post questions, get the answer they wanted and then delete the question (and thus all the answers, some of which may have taken the respondents time and research to compose and post). Many users complained about OPs removing their own questions, and some even stopped giving very thorough/detailed answers because they felt it was a waste of time (the whole point of the site was for it to be a place other people could come and look up information, and only to post a question if they couldn't find their answer among those already posted). 

• 1 month ago

Once there is even just ONE answer, and even if that answer is just a single dot or a random set of letters or numbers, you cannot delete your question.

This is one of MANY reasons why it's a good idea to actually READ the guidelines before plunging merrily in with an unconsidered question

The ONLY way it's possible to have an answered question deleted is to round up all your friends on here and beg them all to report your question. If enough people report, it MIGHT work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Correct once Someone Submits a Answer the Option to Delete it is Removed

• blank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can not delete it once someone answers it.

• 1 month ago

You can delete your question as long as it remains your property.  Click edit and there is a delete link there.  Once it gets an answer it is the property of Yahoo and the delete link is removed.

• 1 month ago

Yes. Once your question gets an answer you cannot delete it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

if one person answers your question, you can not delete the question. 

• 1 month ago

You ask questions here because you want others input. If you don't like that notion, then don't ask.

That leads to the dark side of being a troll.

Just ignore responses that don't answer your question.

After a question has been answered it can't be deleted.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.