Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

found a wild baby mouse?

hi everyone about 4 hours ago i go outside to see my cat on the porch with a mouse, the mouse was shaking obviously but i got my cat to drop it, i carefully pick up the mouse and bring it inside away from the cat, i put it in a basket with a blanket under it, a while later i try giving it water and feeding it, nothing, the mouse hasnt been doing anything, just staring and falling asleep, then i pick it up and wipe it off a little bit with some baby wipes, it poops and pees on me.. but i cleaned it up, after seeing my sisters fear of the mouse i decide to put it outside for a while, hoping it would of course run off, TWO HOURS LATER I GO OUTSIDE AND THAT POOR BABY IS STILL IN THE SAME SPOT! now that i think about it probably has a broken leg, i bring it back inside and put it back in its basket, i think its sleeping right now.

now. i cant bring it to a vet.

and im definitely not going to kill it

should i try to feed it and all tomorrow and let it rest?

also! it doesnt shake at all, well until that one time it pee peed on me- it was definitely scared at that point (i have 3 dogs and a cat) but otherwise it didnt shake long after i got it from the kitty..

k guys yknow what im looking for no more answers, im not throwing it in the trash, im not putting it outside, and im not going to give it to my cat, id rather let it die with me knowing i took care of it for a little while longer, we gave it antibiotics and fed it. its tired and sleeping right now, still not moving.

still breathing?

OH I DIDNT MEAN TO PUT A QUESTION MARK BUT YAH ITS ALIVE SKSK

it died.

Favorite Answer

If you're that attached to it, than yes, do what your heart and mind tell you. 

• Ocimom

Best to release the mouse off your property for it to have a chance. Do not keep it as a pet.

Throw it in the trash and wash your hands

Its a nasty pest. They carry all kinds of dangerous diseases and parasites 

• Star_of_Darkness
      1 month agoReport

Its a pest. It needed to die. You need to grow up and stop being a cry baby and need to learn that wild mice and rats are nasty pests that need to be killed

• PAMELA

Oh for god' sake, it is vermin, just take it to a wooded area and let it go, it will either be ok or it will die, there are millions of them in britain, if it were me it would be double bagged and in the bin by now.

• Maxi

So you took it off the cat and are waiting for it to die!

• Chloe1 month agoReport

I didnt want to watch my cat eat it alive, besides we dont know if its dying right now.

Mice found in the wild may carry fleas that can transmit the plague by biting or their droppings may have deadly viruses. It is never a good idea to handle wild mice or their feces.

• Chloe1 month agoReport

we checked the mice, it does not have fleas, we wash our hands everytime we touch it.

i would bring it to a vet anyways, they might be able to help you out with it

If the cat broke the skin anywhere with claws or teeth then it would probably need antibiotics to survive.

If it has a broken leg it will be in pain.

Either vet or euthanasia (possibly both) are the kind options.

Keeping it captive in unsuitable surroundings while it suffers and probably dies is cruel and bordering on toeture.