Brock asked in SportsWrestling · 8 months ago

Wrestling: How come Triple H doesn't get mentioned a lot when it comes to the Attitude Era?

He was arguably a top heel and very entertaining on the mic. Plus he had some memorable moments as leader of DX (After HBK retired), had great feuds with Austin, Rock, and Undertaker, yet I feel like when it comes to the Attitude Era, his contributions don't get mentioned much. Why is that?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

He was a big star but 3rd behind Austin/The Rock then arguably on par with Taker/Kane.

Triple H sort of was at his peak at the very end of the Attitude Era and the start of the Ruthless Aggression era (preCena) I think perhaps around that 2002 mark he may of been the most popular star in the company but he sort of hit his stride in that weird transition stage between those eras.

He was overall better as a heel and mainly was a heel and heels have usually been the number 2 guy of the company (think Andre, Rock,Orton) just like in movies the main character is the protagonist (the good guy)

Still a successful career though and without great heels like him there wouldn't be any Rock and Austin etc.

It's funny though cause despite never being the guy I feel as if Triple H had more longevity over his career and always stayed around that 3rd most important.. from Rock/Austin to Benoit/Eddie to Cena/Batista to Cena/Orton he was always there.

• 8 months ago

Because he wasn't the top guy during The Attitude Era.

• 8 months ago

Because he was a heel most of that time and not meant to be liked. People hated him but that meant he did his job. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Because mainly The Rock and Stone Cold are mentioned. But Triple H was probably the third top guy of that era, after The Rock and Stone Cold. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Austin and the rock was the two main guys.

• 8 months ago

Are you being Sarcastic Dude? I don't even know anymore.

• Probably because while he was one of The Wrestlers in the Upper Echelon, he was never "The Guy". Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, The Rock were all higher up the ladder than Triple H was.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

During The Attitude Era Triple H was the 'go-to' for putting someone over and there you go, people remember who got put over not who put them over.  How many people talk about The Rock vs. Triple H for the WWE Intercontinental championship over The Rock vs. Steve Austin?  HHH stardom really took off during the Ruthless Aggression era.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Because Steve Austin and The Rock were bigger stars. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yourselves are you able to help

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.