Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

Can I still demand the car dealer replace my car?

I exchanged my former car with a new one with a dealer. It's secondhand car from the dealer. It came with a 1 month warranty. It suddenly had a minor problem and we're still within the 1 month warranty. I think this is bad news. I don't want anymore problems in the future. Can I ask them to replace the car with a different brand and model?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Barry
    Lv 4
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

A minor problem rarely points to future trouble. Even brand new cars can have problems. So my advice is to stop panicking and get the fault fixed. If you swapped the car, which will cost you fees, you could end up in the same position, or worse.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You want perfect for less money than for a new car? No, and a small claims judge will tell you the same.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

you have the right to demand anything you want. You won't get it.

• 2 months ago

You can ask but the answer will be "no."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The 30 day warranty requires the seller to repair any problems that might come up. They do not have to replace the car and will not. 

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No, a warranty is a promise to make repairs for a specific period of time. If the dealer will repair the issue, then that's all they have to do. You cannot exchange the vehicle or return the vehicle.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sure, you can ask or even demand a replacement vehicle but the likelihood of that happening is slim unless the new-to-you vehicle had major issues.

One minor problem is not enough...

• Erik
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can ask, but they will say no.  Most likely, they will offer to fix the minor problem, or refuse to do anything.

• 2 months ago

You were free to have the car checked out from a mechanic before you purchased it.  If you choose not to that was your choice.

You purchased a used car, you can expect it to require maintenance.  That's what all cars need.  And as time goes by, you will need to do some repairs.  Cars parts are not met to last forever.

You can ask the dealer to exchange your car, but it's unlikely that they will agree to it.

• 2 months ago

A second hand  car has a minor problems hardly a big deal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.