Bre asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 months ago

I want to bake some treats for a friend for christmas, but she can't have sugar or flour, or any sugar or flour substitutes.... Any ideas?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You can make cookies using almond flour instead of wheat flour. There is no gluten in ground almonds.

As for sugar ... you either use an artificial sweetener or you choose a recipe that doesn't require sweeteners of any kind. Not everyone can tolerate artificial sweeteners.

I would suggest that you forget about baking something and instead think of a non-edible gift.

• 10 months ago

If she can't have sugar or sugar substitutes, or flour or flour substitutes then baking is out of the question.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Tffesethiooohcssryuiioppojhyrwdryu

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Oaty fruit bars sandwiched with chopped dates [like muesli bars] maybe using agave syrup to 'meld' the oats.

Whole dates stuffed with an almond or ricotta cheese.

Rice krispy treats?

• Tulip
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

So a better question is why can't she have that?

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Make some homemade beef jerky, or a soup-making kit.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I can understand someone needing to avoid sugar and flour but why sugar and flour substitutes?

If that really is the case then I would say forget it,  buy something else instead.

• Cara
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

As she can't have sugar or flour, I don't know why you are so keen to give her "baked treats" - give her a book or some nice soaps etc.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

A great idea is to ask an actual proper question

• 10 months ago

Milk bread. 👍....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.