Anonymous

Is it worth it to go back to a job to tell a nasty rude boss a piece of your mind?

I decided to leave my position because I was cussed at and not appreciated.

I feel like it's not worth it, but I should have stood up for myself. 

Favorite Answer

Walking away and quitting was the best way to stand up for yourself. You can't win every argument, because there are some arguments where nobody wins - a shouting match between a bad boss and a former employee is one of those no-win situations.

So the best way to stand up for yourself and stick it to them is to simply walk away, and go be happy and successful in another job or other endeavors, and let that company fail with their bad manager and without your talents. Maybe they'll eventually fail, maybe they'll get by without you, but it doesn't matter to you because you're too busy being successful in situations where you are appreciated and respected.

• Linda

It's not worth it and you might get a bad reference. Let it go and just be glad that you don't work there anymore.

• Carmen

No it’s not worth getting in unnecessary trouble as far as it depends on you be peaceable everyone will reap what they sow . 

No. No good can come from it, and it might hurt you later, especially if you need the person for a reference.

It's going to show that you're juvenile if you do that, and can backfire on you with any future employer trying to verify your old workplaces.

As an adult, do the adult thing and just move on.

• Judy

no, would be very juvenile.

Your boss didn't give two shiits about what you thought when you worked there and he/she sure as heck doesn't give two shiits now.

Save your energy for more productive things.

You DID stand up for yourself - by quitting.

It seems like a waste of time, and you’re focusing too much on it. Use that energy to learn from the experience and seek a job where you’re treated appropriately.

• You've learned a lesson from that hopefully.

Time to let it go and move on, your boss isn't worth it. 

No. They’ll paint you out to be the bad one either way. They always do. They wouldn’t be a boss if they weren’t good at making others look bad.