I have a 19-year-old car, 2001 Toyota Corolla.?

I have a 19-year-old car, 2001 Toyota Corolla. I am thinking about trading it in for a 2010 Kia Soul Manual with 140,000 miles. I'm a college student just trying to get like 3 years out of it. Should I do it?

I drive 3-4 times a week.

There's nothing wrong with my 1998 Corolla with 150,000 miles. Buying a Kia after the warranty is gone is like throwing money in the fire. If there's nothing wrong with your Corolla, keep driving it and if something goes wrong, get it fixed. What should you do.....spend more time in the library than in the car, that's what you should do.

3 years means NOTHING. How many miles do you drive per ye

ar?  If you go to College then the car goes to school and is parked for 8 hours and you drive home and park it again for 16 hours.  So the only use the vehicle got was the minutes it took to drive to school and drive home.  So if one way is like maybe an hour at average speed of 40MPH (so 80 for the day, then it is simple math 365yr-104 days(weekends you don't go to school=261 - holidays (say 11 days total for all of them)=250 days  250x80miles total drive=20000 miles.  That is like a long distance to go for any school...or job. (40 MILES ONE WAY). I really can't guess the distance you drive to get to school.Only you know that. So maybe like 1/4 that?  or 5000m/yr or even less?My campus is only like 5 miles away so that is 10 miles per day, so that is 250x10 or 2500 miles/year.  The car does not AGE.  YOU AGE.  It wears out when you run the motor.  If the motor never runs then the only thing that gets old is the battery and the tires.Add in the actual holidays that you get(I just generalized to get simple math numbers & add it the days you play HOOKY and don't feel like going(or catch a ride with a friend) then the numbers go down.There is NO MAGICAL NUMBER AS TO THE AGE OF THE CAR and when it quits.    Many people are driving 30+ year old cars and they run like silk.If you treat your car like a PoS, I can wear out a Toyota in 1 year.  You need to treat it with some care.  Those that treat that large investment like trash, buy cars every few years. Or they walk a lot.If you are a low roller....I would keep the Toy...because it does not make sense(or dollars even) when we may be on the cusp of a new mode of transportation....and the fossil vehicles "ICE" are old technology.  Who the Buck knows?

No. It has too many miles on it. If your car works, keep driving until the wheels fall off.

How often do you drive your Toyota. Say it