Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAlternativeParanormal Phenomena · 2 months ago

Question for people who study/research paranormal stuff: how likely is it that werewolves are real?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Gary K
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's not likely they are real, it's unlikely. There is no reason to think they are anything beyond fairytale and folklore. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Hunter
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

So many things are real, but it seems there's not the slightest evidence that werewolves are one of them. 'Sorry...

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is most likely that in the past, people suffering with a skin condition called Hypertrichosis would have been kept out of the public and even abandoned as children in the woods (Remember Hansel and Gretel?). The condition causes hair to grow over most of the skin and is known as werewolf syndrome.

So you end up with these hairy people living wild in the woods - probably being taken food by their parents, or if not, would probably steal sheep or chickens from the village at night to survive. They couldn't light fires or they would be discovered, so most likely ate their food raw, and only went out at night.

This is the most likely reason for the legends.

• 2 months ago

There have been reported sightings in the UK as well as a few other countries. Scientists say that it would be beneficial to wolves if they learned to walk on two legs, leaving their front paws to develop closer to human like hands. They even suggest that this evolving may be happening to certain groups. I personally will not name call the witnesses as I think it must take courage to report what they have seen, however, if they exist, I would put my money on them being the result of experimentation by the powers that be before thinking of them as anything mystical. 

Strange that they have been seen in the UK though as we wiped out all of our wolves a long time ago. I remember one news story of a guy who witnessed four fur coated creatures drinking from a stream and when they stood up, he saw they had heads like dogs. One of them saw him but they made no attempt to chase him. I think that one was an American sighting. As time goes, we have not been on this planet for five minutes and have an awful lot of exploring to do before we can even guess at what does and does not exist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I think you will find that people that don't study paranormal stuff have a better grasp on reality since the whole lot is just imaginary. 

Luckily werewolves are definitely make believe. 

• ...Show all comments
    • English Guy
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

It's usually NG who reads a post then lies about what he read, so it looks like you and NG have more in common than just a low IQ and lipstick shade.

• 2 months ago

Shape shifters are the stuff of folk tales.  Even Tolkien wrote one in to the Hobbit- Beorn, the skin changer.  They are fun to write about, but not real.  Period.

• 2 months ago

0%, they've been fictional all down through the ages.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not very likely. 

• k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not bloody likely.........guv....

• Dr. NG
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's this percentage likely. 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001%

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.