Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Going to Germany next year have 4000 staying a friend plane not included is that enough?

Ok so I'm going or plan to go to Germany next year september I have about 4,000 bucks. I am paying my plane ticket with those 4,000 and when I get to Germany I will stay with a friend at there house. I have been knowing him for a while now so he refused to let me stay in a hotel. 

Besides Mexico this will be my first time flying out of the country so will about 3,000 or 2,500 be enough for me 2 stay there 2 weeks? A little less.. I dont plan on shopping for anything.. I'm there to see my friends band perform and to see where our relationship heads next.

I'm very nervous and I dont know what to expect. 

Anyway any advice would be great. Thanks so much..

If you aren't staying in a hotel, that should be enough.

First, I hope you don't mean you're taking that in cash. You can get money out of an ATM there as you need it. 

Now- this is an online relationship, right? I hope you won't find out that he's not who you thought he was. If that's the case, you may need the money to pay for a hotel room until you can change your ticket back. Germany is expensive, but you won't find food that much more than it is in the US, and that seems to be all you're paying for. If you book soon, you should be able to get a ticket for about $1500. 

• AJ

The amount of money shouldn't be an issue; however, the length of time is. 2 weeks is a long time. and if you are there to rekindle a relationship, then you need to be prepared for him to say no and that you can't stay there anymore.

• martin

That amount of money should be enough for food and transportation within the country.

• ..

Should be plenty.  Why not take a bank card as back up; plenty of banks and ATM's all over Germany.