Tiffany asked in PetsCats · 8 months ago

My roommate is getting a cat and hasn’t told our other roommates?

I live with three other roommates, one of them being my bestfriend. My bestfriend is terrified of cats, and our roommate told me she’s adopting one no matter what and hasn’t told our other roommates until she gets the cat. I told her how my bestfriend won’t be happy because she’s terrified and she was rather rude about it. She takes days to clean her own dishes and is hardly ever home and wants to adopt a kitten. I’m also afraid she’ll neglect this cat and I told her of my concern and she was rude about it. I don’t know what I can do 

• Ocimom

IMO unless all agree to have a pet in the house/apartment, none should be brought in.

• Ken S

Have the 3 room mates get together and talk to her before she destroys this kittens life

• PAMELA

You tell the landlord, they will not allow an animal to live in the apartment, and you all tell the room mate that if they want a cat they must live elsewhere.

Talk to all of them about the problem before the cat arrives. That way you can all sort it out in the open. You can all vote to vetoe the cat idea.

Tell the other roommates. Seriously. Take a vote, vote her down. Easy as that. If she has a problem with it, tell her to move. BYE.

There's a lot for you to consider here. If I were you, I would take photos of the apartment now as evidence of condition before the cat arrives, because it WILL cause damage to carpets, walls, furniture, draperies, blinds, etc. I would insist she sign an agreement that she will be 100% responsible for cat damage, and the next day, I'd start the eviction process.

Good. Everyone should get pets.

• martin

You have to get rid of this roommate who seems selfish and inconsiderate. People like that are hard to get rid of. You might have to move out to someplace by yourself.