What are good things to include in a campus housing newsletter?

I am in charge of a newsletter for off-campus student housing. We have a two-sided newsletter and it feels very empty. Other than our office hours, events, "simple sweets", and staff section, what else could I add? I want to get the residents more interested in the community side of the housing.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

housekeeping tips (don't pour hamburger grease down the drain, use a hair trap in the tub, how to clean mold off shower walls, etc)

how to be considerate of others....tolerating some annoyances, but not being excessively annoying.

• 8 months ago

List all the people that have space on the sofa where a homeless student can doss down.

• 8 months ago

Are there any events or activities, offline or online, you could advertise?

You could also feature a local charity, community group, or local store/eatery each week so people get to know the area and what's around

And maybe a local spot? Where people can submit photos, stories, recommendations etc

• 8 months ago

You can highlight a different resident each newsletter cycle

Or a local business

Have different contests each period like a scavenger hunt, find the hidden mickeys (with small gift certificates to local businesses - starbucks, subway), cross word puzzle/word search about the complex

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

list the parties. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.