Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 6 months ago

Is he just trying to be a nice guy?

I was eating on my own and he asked if he can eat with me; we don’t know each other really well at all. We tried to get to know each other, but there were few awkward pauses. 

We have also been waving/ smiling whenever we pass each other in hallways for the past 6 months. Is he trying to make friends or is he interested? I feel that if a guy was interested he would have made a move by now.

He is a year ahead of me in school and he already has many friends, I am not sure why would he want to be friends with me... do guys just befriend random girls?

Favorite Answer

He's wondering the same thing about you. Take time to think how you feel about this. Nobody knows better than you.

Given your uncertainty about this person's motive/intention, decide how much emotional attention you want to give this matter and if necessary, have a conversation to know what's what without speculation or assumption.  This person may want to be friends or they may want something more, without asking you will never know.

maybe he likes you