Celery juice cleanse gave me  bad migraine ?

I’ve eaten celery before so I doubt I’m allergic.  this is my first time drinking juice, I’m going to try for a week. But a few hours after drinking I got a headache that’s gotten a lot worse, and I feel weird, like I’ve taken a drug or something, I can’t describe it. But my head is spinning a bit. Has anyone done a celery juice cleanse before and has this happened with them ? Just want to know if it’s normal, like these are the affects of detoxing

I would guess that it might be a coincidence and  you are coming down with the flu.  Or if the only food you are eating is celery juice, there's not many calories so its not much different from the headaches people get when starting a fast. 

OMG - celery is crunchy water, there is nothing there to be allergic too.  Your body is starved for the nutrients it needs to function, that is why you have a headache and feel light headed.  I got the same when I tried a no-carb diet.   Eat a proper meal and forget about these stupid diets.  If you want to cleanse go to the drug store and get a colonoscopy prep, follow the directions and 12 hours later there won't be anything left in your gastrointestinal tract.  "Cleanses" are voodoo science. 

If you want to be healthy, eat less, move more - it's pretty simple.

• Linda

No, it shouldn't do this. I know carrot juice made me feel like this. I wonder if the pure concentration of celery is too much for your system but celery in small amounts is okay? I would do an experiment and wait a day or two and then try half that amount and see if it does it again. If it doesn't, try the same amount again like you had the first time, and if it happens again, you'll know it was too much for your body.