Ben
Lv 6
Ben asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

Sometimes 3 sons all with not identical names can all be partially named after their father, right?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • PiK
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Look at boxer turned infomercial guy, George Foreman.  His kids are named: George Foreman Jr, George Foreman III, George Foreman IV, George Foreman V, George Foreman VI, Georgetta Foreman, Freeda Foreman, Natalie Foreman, Leola Foreman, Courtney Foreman, Michi Foreman, and Isabella Foreman.  Half of his 12 kids are named after him.

I think it's fine for a middle name.  My uncle by marriage and his 2 brothers all have the same middle name, as does their father and one of his sons.  I think it gets weird if it is all the same or similar first name.  I knew a woman named Tina and her sister's name is Christina.  They HATED having such similar names.  My suggestion is go for it with a middle name, but keep the first names different.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

All of your sons can have the same middle name I know several families that have done this

• blank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can name your kids what ever you want.

• 1 month ago

Sure. One son could have the full name, and be Jr. One son could have the middle name. The other son could have the father's first name as his middle name, or some nickname that's similar, or could have the same initials and go by the initials.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Get a life!!!!! 

• 1 month ago

In Trollsville, all children are given identical names.

• 1 month ago

You can't actually be this dense?

• 1 month ago

Sure it can done if the father's overblown ego needs his sons to be named after him. Hopefully the mother/s of those sons will put her/their feet down and insist that each son have his own name rather than being named after the father.

• 1 month ago

Yes, that's possible. George Foreman has five sons named George Foreman and a daughter named Georgetta.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I know a family that gave the father's middle name as the middle name for all their sons.  Therefore, all the sons were named after the father without anyone having an identical first name.

Variations of names can also be used.  

Giving one son the father's first name and another son the father's middle name and a third son a variation of the father's name is an option.  The name chosen can be a first name or middle name for the son.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.