Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

I’m trying to come up with a short story, so how would you respond to these situations?

Imagine this: You’re a soldier during the Jacobite Rebellion and although you know you’re going to lose, you are still loyal to your commander. What would you say to make your commander happy?

Second situation: You’re another soldier during the Jacobite Rebellion and you want to show respect to your commander, how would you do that?

Basically, how can a soldier show his respect and admiration for a leader? What can he say to earn the respect of the leader? (This is also set at around the 1700s, and if there are any books related to soldiers being loyal during that time, please do say what they are.)

nothing you say will earn respect, only your actions will earn anyone's respect

• 2 months agoReport

What actions do you suggest then? 

"This battle may be lost, but not the war"

The rebels fought by clan when possible. It is very likely my commander would be a family relative. So some familiar term for the relationship might be in order.

"Uncle, my captain- this battle may be lost, but not the war!"