Need snack ideas!?

My boyfriend and I work a typical busy schedule and find ourselves relying on take out or if we don’t want to go out we just eat endless toast. Quick and tasty... but we want other ideas!! There must be more food that can be ready within 5 minutes then just toast. 

Doesn’t have to be fancy. 

I’m looking for more adult snacks. Not like ‘cheese and crackers’ or kids snacks pls

8 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

scrambled eggs, cuppa soup, cereal, cheese toast, flapjacks / pancakes, omelettes, Bacon sandwiches, instant noodles, minute steak in a kaiser roll.

• Judy
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

Celery sticks with reduced fat cream cheese.  Oven warmed bread with olive oil and a cup of tea.  

• rena
    Lv 4
    10 months ago

Pot Noodles... . .

• 10 months ago

Jazz up your cheese and crackers to things like brie and aged swiss with some prosciutto. Add some hummus and olives and you have a very adult charcuterie platter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

There isn't much you can do from scratch unless it's already cooked and all you're doing is heating it up. This is called planning. You make or buy things that don't need much time to get ready to eat, so they are there in your fridge, cupboard, or freezer for when you want them. Grocery stores are full of such items if you don't want to make your own food ahead. I mean, really, all you can come up with is toast? How about canned soup? You could make an omelet or a fried egg in 5 minutes. Put it between two pieces of toast with some sliced tomatoes and you have a fried egg sandwich. Add a can of soup and some fruit and you have an entire meal in less than ten minutes.

• Tulip
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Adults cook and eat real food

• CB
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Make a meatloaf and quiche on the weekend and freeze in portions.

Make a lasagna cook and freeze in portions.

Grill or bake chicken breasts and freeze

Fry some hamburgers and freeze

Fresh veggies (carrots, celery, cukes, red bell pepper, radishes etc) wash, cut and package individually they will last for several days.

Nuts (tree, peanut) and dried fruit (date, dried apricots or plums) great snack and you only need 1/2 dozen tree nuts and a couple pieces of dried fruit to hold you for several hours

Everyone is busy but there is always time - (ex: step away from the video games  social media for a few hours a week) and learn a new skill (cooking and preparing meals)

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Try preparing real food on the weekends and freezing them. Buy a Instant Pot and learn how to use it. Our PC is lifesaver and allows us to avoid almost all processed foods and more importantly, added sugars (o

including honey).

Read the book below for motivation.

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D, M.S.A
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.