me asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 months ago

We have had impeachment trials in the US Senate before, how do you think this one here with Trump will deviate from the expected USA norms?

In terms of how the whole things goes down, professionalism, openness, no nonsense...you know the norms of the American way of handing such a somber and serious undertaking involving the USA Constitution and protecting it?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

They might just dismiss it outright because of the way the House did things.

But if they don't Democrats aren't going to like how it goes.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Yes. Trump will try and undermine it and question its legitimacy at every turn. Adding obstruction of justice/Congress to his articles of impeachment.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I don't.  Again we're letting the concentration camps o on the border go unpunished, while the impeachable insults to the Democrats are cherry picked for prosecution.

• TB12
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Moscow Mitch has already assured little Donnie that the Senate will take no action against him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

It is a political action, not a legal one.

In previous impeachments there was a Crime, an obvious one.

In the case of Trump it appears to be personal, the impeachment process began before he  took the oath of office. There is no clear and defined Crime. only a lot of people out to get him for anything they can find.

What helps, in the impeachment, is the apparent non conforming methods Trump uses for his political government

Since Trump is not a politico, he does not know the prescribed approved corrupt methods.

One does not investigate the other party for crimes in office, after they have managed to escape.  Especially when they might be a political opponent in a future election.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I'm hoping the Republican Senate will make sure that there's a careful investigation into Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, their dealings & obvious conflicts of interests in the Ukraine.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

The senate will uphold the constitution and toss out the democrats Adam Schitt show

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.