lacy asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

am I pregnant? please help?

I am on birth control and we used condoms. I'm certain all the condoms were dry and they didnt have holes in them, because I checked. the last time I had sex was sunday and my calender says that was around my ovulation, but now a few days later I am having dark brown discharge. I have been insanely stressed out lately and more so with this happening now. it only happened for a few hours last night but now it started again in the morning. I've never had ovulation bleeding besides when I first started the pill, I've been on this one for like 6 or 7 months and I've been really good with taking it. aside from that I havent had any other symptoms related to pregnancy, no sore boobs or anything either. please help I'm 17 and I'm absolutely terrified I'm so scared I cant eat 

Breast milk is a balanced diet for the baby&apos;s life and growth.&nbsp; The baby should breastfeed as soon as possible after birth.<br>

<br>

&nbsp;The baby should only breastfeed for 6 months or 6 days after birth.&nbsp; There is no need to feed water or any other drink during this time.&nbsp; Because, in the milk of the mother is 1 percent water.<br>

<br>

&nbsp;There are other nutrients.&nbsp; In addition to supplementary foods from 6 months of age, the baby should be breastfed for up to 2 years.&nbsp; The baby may be breastfed 8-12 times a day.<br>

<br>

&nbsp;Shal milk: The milk that comes to the mother&apos;s chest after delivery is the milk.&nbsp; The milk is thick, firm and slightly yellow in color.&nbsp; As much as the milk comes in the first 2-3 days after delivery, it is sufficient for the newborn.&nbsp; Many children give honey, sugar or water immediately after birth.&nbsp; However, giving water, honey or sugar water to the baby during this time is extremely harmful to the baby. 

Darker discharge is just older, higher levels of iron blood that take longer to excrete and are finally being replaced by newer fluids in the system. No worries. NOrmal in most females from time to time.

if on b-c .....dont worry

Anyone in her child bearing years can get pregnant. Take a pregnancy test. How would we know if you're pregnant. It amazes me that hundreds of girls come here to ask this question daily.

• Joseph B
      1 month agoReport

I was thinking the same thing.  How would we know?

Why are the condoms dry, are you reusing them? If you are stressed out you might as well have some more sex, that should get it out of you? I  doubt if you are pregnant, you haven't been having morning sickness. have you? Like I said have some more sex or masturbate and get that stress out of your body. It won't hurt you to have sex with your period do come, it makes you slicker but it is a little messy, you could put something under you .

• Linda

I do not think you are pregnant and I advise you to get tested to set your mind at ease and then go get on the pill. You'll worry less and you won't have to worry about condoms.

• kelvin

no you are not pregnant

• Tavy

You do NOT ovulate on the Pill  which is the point of taking it.  You do not need condoms.

There are No periods, but a withdrawal bleed in the 4 th week.

Breakthrough bleeding can happen some months.Why are you tracking ovulation which cannot happen?

manufacturers often use numbers to protect themselves from law-suits.. it is said that condoms alone can prevent pregnancies in 95-98%; while Oral Contraceptive Pills OCP(s) (aka "the Pill") are about 96-97% - provided that use them correctly and as intended.. i am not good in maths, but when you combine both condoms and OCP(s) together, you would get almost infinite chance of you not getting pregnant - i dunno, the chance that you are pregnant is about the same as winning the lottery twice in a row - provided that you have used them correctly..

now seeing something coming out or missing a period, is not a good indication of being pregnant.. there are far better tools to answer for sure whether you are pregnant or not, like a simple Urine Pregnancy Test (UPT); and ultrasound at a doctor's office..

the first symptom of a pregnancy is something called 'Morning Sickness'.. and as the name suggest, you would feel sick, nauseated with or without headaches and vomiting.. and as the day progresses into the afternoon, the morning sickness would reduce only to come back in the next morning..

`

it is also not an exact indicator of a pregnancy, but it is far more accurate than seeing an abnormal discharge and missing a period that can be triggered by anything.. for example, stress..emotional stress, physical stress or both can cause all kind of discharges, from losing a loved family member to training for a Marathon..

`

and in case you hear some stories of people winning the lottery twice, and you start worrying about your status as non-pregnant.. a UPT is available in most pharmacies at reasonable prices..

`

a UPT is far more accurate than any signs and symptoms.. and it should give you the answer for certain.. however, most UPT are effective after 2 weeks of having sex (so read the labels carefully before buying) and.. and all the best..

• KnightSaber2000
      1 month agoReport

and some may skip periods altogether.. and #3 it makes the mucosal barriers that prevents bacteria and parasites from invading your body, thicker and more acidic that kills off bacteria and sperms as well.. and finally, you may want to consider IUDs instead of OCPs in the near future.. take care

You are on birth control so you don't ovulate and the brown discharge happens for no reason so stop stressing.

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

You don't have periods when you're on the pill, because you don't menstruate. You're not on a menstrual cycle-you're on a pill cycle. What you think is a menstrual period is,a withdrawal bleed caused  by "coming off" the hormones in the pill during the 7 days you're taking the inactive pills.