Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

How can I produce breastmilk?

I am adopting a child, and i want to bw able tk breastfeed. I saw some hormones online but do they really work.

He's also a newborn

lots of luck and go for it..doesn't work for everyone

Based on your other questions, it seems unlikely that you are adopting an infant.

Adoptive mothers can lactate, but it takes intense work and very few can fully feed the child.

• jlb

You need to contact an IBCLC for help.

In the mean time, there is a book called "Breastfeeding an Adopted Baby" that may be of interest.  

• Pippin

I would contact a lactation consultant for best advice.  It usually involves a combination of frequent pumping and (possibly) medication (which your doctor would prescribe.)

It's usually possible to produce SOME milk, but rarely possible to meet baby's full needs.  So you will be bottle-feeding as well.

Just use wiener milk

You should see your doctor about that. I wouldn't risk looking online as you never know what they're giving you, 

The baby has probably been on formula once you get him. One useful thing is to hold the baby against warm skin while bottle feeding.