Diy grease stain remover for black shirt?

Hi I have a black shirt with a big grease stain on it. At least I believe it’s a grease stain:(

I’m not sure what I did to get it but I’m not sure how to remove it

Any diys that you guys do at home?

Does it feel greasy? Does it taste greasy? Maybe it is dogsht?

How do you tell considering grease is black and shirt is black?

If you know for sure, buy GOJO hand cleaner. Bcuz it is the cheapest stuff and rub a glob into the cloth with you hand, then toss in the laundry .  GOJO will take off grease but not DIRT.  SOAP does that material.  Use hot water.  It will wash out when you do laundry.  Dry like you do other clothes. either on line or in dryer.

Really, that is why I have dirty clothes(just for mucking under the car) so they get layers of dirt,grease, acid, and then I toss them away...after multiple uses.  So much easier and cheaper and gets rid of those DISCO SHIRTS.

• WOOWHO

try a product   called OOPS

Stuff called "Purple Power" sold at auto parts stores works well in washer too. smiley emoji

• Laurie

It depends on the fiber content of the fabric, and the type of grease... cooking grease? Axle grease?

my go to is Shout--and my friend swears by the Dawn soak.  I have also used corn starch---spread it on the stain--kind of push it a little into the stain--let sit for awhile (24 hrs) to let the corn starch soak up the stain. brush off---rub a little detergent on it--let sit for a bit and wash as normal. you might have to repeat...

don't rub vigorously--since the shirt is black you could change the "sheen" of it.

Take it to a cleaners and ask them to get the stain out.

• Eva

Dawn dishwashing liquid. If you've already washed the shirt and put it through the dryer, you will have a very hard time removing the stain. Make sure the stain is gone before you put it in the dryer.

Spray till wet with Shout. Roll it up so it doesn't dry out and wash in a couple days. Repeat if needed

Try applying a degreasing soapy agent like Dawn dishwashing liquid (it gets oil out of ducks and other wildlife) or  hair shampoo.  Let it sit for a bit then wash in tepid - not cold, not hot -- water.