NONAME
Lv 4
NONAME asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

How do you think mankind will end: nuclear holocaust or widespread super-virus plague? Or another asteroid hitting Earth?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Another asteroid may hit earth in the ASTRONOMICAL near future - but ten thousand years is an instant in that timeframe. So while this would be the most likely to end it all if it happened, it's not likely. All we would need to do to ensure humanity's survival is have a substantial population 'somewhere else' - i.e on a martian or moon colony.

Humanity has already survived a lot of extremely deadly diseases. Even an extremely deadly strain of flu, which combines being extremely virulent and often very deadly wouldn't completely wipe out humanity - in fact the reduced population may end up being a good thing.

The most likely to end civilization is nuclear weapons. Even a handful being used on dense population areas could cause civilization to collapse - but again, civilization collapsing is not the same as wiping out humanity.

Something which might actually kill everyone is machinery - either in the form of an advanced AI which sees humans as a resource to exploit (or threat to eliminate) or in the form of out of control self-replicating nanomachines (known as 'grey goo') - which obliterate everything in their path.

• Login to reply the answers
  • martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It looks like the nuclear holocaust might not do it because that would require several national leaders all to do insane things all at once, which is unlikely. Medicine has advanced, so plagues won't do it. That leaves an asteroid, which is against all odds, but maybe the most likely end.

• 1 month ago

a new strain of bird flu. 

• marty
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Mankind will start going out to space and start new civilizations. Humans have a permanent place in the cosmos and will survive. A nuclear holocaust won't destroy all humans, just set them back a few hundred years with a much diminished population. 

• we won't last long enough to make the leap to other habitable worlds, but it doesn't matter. DNA has been scattered throughout the cosmos and undoubtedly something similar to man is continually evolving somewhere, sometime.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yellowstone volcano eruption would wipe out the northern part of the USA and cause widespread hunger and devastation not to mention an economic disaster that the country has never seen, that can happen at any time. Not the end of mankind but if your a victim of it than it's the end of mankind for you

• 1 month ago

If by "mankind" you mean human technological civilization, then some result of a war is most likely - nuclear holocaust or super-plague are just selections on the menu.

If you mean the entire species, then I'm not sure it WILL end, as long as the Earth is habitable.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Too much technology.

• Rowan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

My new large and important thing is warning everyone not to take vaccines. Doesn't matter what they tell you about the illness, the vaccines are worse. They won't tell you on the news, everyone is a bought and paid for puppet, but they cause a thousand times more suffering, and more death than all those diseases combined. I watched this fictional TV show which was based on reality, before I watched an informative documentary that the "illuminati" tried to censor. It was called Utopia. In the semi fictional story, a group of psycopath mad men seek to sterilize or kill most people in the world, because they think there are too many people in the world, and when the world runs out of resources, they will all die anyway. 

They used vaccines. My suggestion would be to pay people to have a voluntary tube tying, if that's what you want to do. Any pretense of trying to be "ethical", to anyone who knows anything about it, is out the window. In my opinion they're not just trying to kill everyone, they don't care, they want money. 

• 1 month ago

The Sun turning into a red giant and swallowing up the Earth.

Or maybe some variant of the Terminator.

• nuclear holocaust is the most realistic atm  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.