Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 2 months ago

Why is my blood sugar normal?

For starters, I plan on going to a doctor on the issue..again. The issue being that for the past 5-6 years on a daily basis I have issues where I have most of the symptoms you get when someone is having high/low blood sugar, but my blood sugar is always in the normal range when checking it during those occasions. I’m female and am 22 years old, weighting around 130 if helpful. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Your blood sugar is normal because you are not diabetic. If you were diabetic over 5/6 years your doctor would have found it. Look for another cause. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • In
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Have the doctor run an HbA1C (Glycated Hemoglobin) test.  This is an indicator of how well your body is handling glucose metabolism over the last 3 months and is a much better test than a glucose tolerance test IMHO. 

• Shay
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your blood sugar is normal because high/low blood sugar is NOT the CAUSE of whatever issues you are having.

A doctor's appointment is a good idea to determine the REAL cause of your issues so you stop focusing on something that is NOT the cause of your problems.

Anxiety attacks might feel like low blood sugar.

• 2 months ago

How on earth would we know

• micksmixxx
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

SOME of us might know because SOME of us have the intelligence and understanding of what high and low blood glucose levels do to the human body, Byrd.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It might be a thyroid problem

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.