Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 2 months ago

Why is my blood sugar normal?

For starters, I plan on going to a doctor on the issue..again. The issue being that for the past 5-6 years on a daily basis I have issues where I have most of the symptoms you get when someone is having high/low blood sugar, but my blood sugar is always in the normal range when checking it during those occasions. I’m female and am 22 years old, weighting around 130 if helpful. 

Your blood sugar is normal because you are not diabetic. If you were diabetic over 5/6 years your doctor would have found it. Look for another cause. 

• In

Have the doctor run an HbA1C (Glycated Hemoglobin) test.  This is an indicator of how well your body is handling glucose metabolism over the last 3 months and is a much better test than a glucose tolerance test IMHO. 

• Shay

Your blood sugar is normal because high/low blood sugar is NOT the CAUSE of whatever issues you are having.

A doctor's appointment is a good idea to determine the REAL cause of your issues so you stop focusing on something that is NOT the cause of your problems.

Anxiety attacks might feel like low blood sugar.

How on earth would we know

• micksmixxx

SOME of us might know because SOME of us have the intelligence and understanding of what high and low blood glucose levels do to the human body, Byrd.

It might be a thyroid problem