Tananda Trollop asked in PetsDogs · 10 months ago

Advice about Dressing Up Friend's Dog?

Some friends are on a trip and as a prank I was going to dress up their dogs, take pictures, and post to Facebook.  

I'm not super-familiar with dogs.  Any advice?  Ideas for funny things to dress them as?  I was thinking Chewbacka, At-At, reindeer, or two elves carrying a gift.  

Y'all are being way too uptight.  The dogs in question  know me...my boyfriend is pet-sitting one of them.  They are all pretty laid back.  A black lab, a mastiff, and a Gray Hound.  

• *****
    Favorite Answer

Be aware that not all dogs will tolerate being "dressed up" nor sit still for posed photos. If you're not super familiar with dogs, and specifically with these dogs, and don't know for sure how they'll react to being dressed in outfits, I'd stick to Photoshop if I was you! Otherwise, if things go badly, you could end up with a faceful of teeth!

• Ocimom

Not all dogs enjoy being dressed up.  Its a cute idea, but it won't hurt anything.  Go ahead and try it.  Good luck.

• ?

Making dogs look ridiculous and using them to amuse people is not, in MY opinion a very nice thing to do. It degrades the dog, even though the poor things have no inkling what its all about. Its not `fun` to use animals in that way, its pathetic.

Its said that dogs have no emotions, but I am 100% certain that dogs know when they are being laughed `at`. 😟.

my advice is dont ...dogs aint dolls............. Try it with him and see how long your hands remain intact

"Y'all?"  Knew it - redneck!

I always say, if you're not familiar with dogs and they aren't your dogs, put costumes on them!  I'd suggest that all 5 of you - the Lb, the mastiff, the "Gray Hound," your pet sitting bf and you dress like idiots.

"Y'all" will only need 3 costumes.

Nope. Not acceptable. Try it with my dog and I would class it as animal abuse.

Add: given the breeds and size of these dogs and that you are unfamilliar with dogs in general, you need to be aware this could end VERY badly, even with you being badly mauled and the dogs being destroyed.

I think this is a stupid idea. I know I would not be pleased in any way if you did that to my dogs. I would be down right pissed!

Ummm, not a very wise plan. Most pet owners are very protective of their pets. Even a joke can backfire dudette. Think of a different prank.

My advice is: don't do it. If you don't know the dog, it's a dumb idea to try and dress a dog. Some dogs will bite you if you try something like that with them. And many just plain won't like it.