Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 10 months ago

Are you able to take a house arrest anklet off to take a shower & not be embarrassed at work? Is 30 days in jail better than house arrest?

30 days in jail can really be a few days, depending on how crowded the jail is. But 30 days of house arrest is 30 days of house arrest.

I didn't see this covered by any of the other answers.  But the first thing that comes to my mind is:  would I prefer to shower with a bunch of strangers at the jail or would I prefer to shower at home alone.

I know which option I would choose...especially given that the anklet can be covered up at work.

No. But you can cover it with a sock so that it's not as visible at work to avoid embarrassment.

• Bruce

You can not remove it for any reason. Every one I've seen is removed by cutting it off, so it can not be put back on. I can't think of any time I'd rather be in jail over being in my own home. 

You Can, But, legally you cant modify or remove/damage a bracelet. If caught, Jail.

Some use Tesla coils to fry their electronics.Then, no sign of damage, externally.  You still get another,  the next working day.

30 days house arrest vs. 10 days in jail.. you figure it out. Jail time is reduced for good behavior, overcrowding, etc... Home arrest you pay for the monitoring wetc. and it will last for the full 30 days so they can get as much money as they can from you.

You are not allowed to take off your house arrest anklet or bracelet without the permission of the probation department.

No, you can't take it off. You may shower with it, it's immune from water but you most likely can't remove it legally. If you're under house arrest, it's a punishment you're paying for wrongdoing. Simply wear long pants or something to cover your device from being spotted.

Source(s): I'm a police officer, formerly a Bouncer. I am NOT a lawyer, so I can't guarantee you that everything I said is 100% correct, but I advise you to refer to your local laws and see for yourself.
  • ?

Depends on the chargem but 30 days jail is usually 30 days jail. You don't really get time off for good behaviour on a short sentence, and the justice system doesnt care much about overcrowded prisons. You cant remove a house arrest bracelet, because that would defeat the purpose, so you'd just have to deal with being embarrassed at work. its waterproof, so you can shower, though. And house arrest is preferable to jail time because, unless you have a seriously ****** up family, there's probably less violence and shower sex.

You are not able to remove it AT ALL. If you could, you would just remove it to go someone you are not supposed to go.

That said, most are water resistant far beyond the extent required to shower.

Update to TROLL comment:

The question CLEARLY implies putting the monitor back on after the shower. That is NOT REMOTELY possible if a hacksaw is used to remove it.

Based on your comments to prior questions, I thought you were CLUELESS. This comment shows I was overly generous in my assessment.

You can't remove a house arrest anklet for any reason. If you take it off, how are they going to know where you are? That's the whole point. If you try to remove it, they'll know and add charges.