Goku asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Can an Air Force recruiter get you into the Air National Guard?

I was about to join the ANG (Air National Guard) until I found out about the pay so I left and my ANG recuirter was pissed. I then decided to join the Air Force active duty or full time and was committed to it, however; my father has now gotten sick and needs someone to care for him. Now I want to go back to the ANG but I would like to avoid my previous recruiter if possible. Keep in mind that I wasn't in the delayed entry program while in the ANG. I am, however, in the dep with the Air Force, so is there any way my current recruiter can put me in the ANG or do I have to go back to my recruiter?  

Favorite Answer

That's a good question. I once did attempt to join ang but I had a change of heart and decided to go active. I asked my ang recruiter if she could enlist me into full time but she said no because there are two separate branches so I had to find a different air force recruiter. I assume it is the same for the Air Force as well because they 're two different branches. 

• Daniel

Active duty recruiters have nothing to do with the Guard. 

there is no such thing as DEP in the Guard

Yes I believe so, I know the Army does it. I'm sure it is the same for the Air Force

• martin

Yes. You can explain this to your current recruiter, including why you don't want to go back to the first recruiter. Emphasize caring for your father as the thing that made the difference.