Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

Doesn't Pete Buttigieg remind you of Barack Obama?

Both were young, well-spoken, and unknown newbies with little political experience when they entered their respective presidential races. People like to claim to Pete is too young and that he has no name recognition to win, but they forget the same was said about Obama who ended serving two terms.

• Foofa

Much as I'd love to see people like the Saudi royals and President Erdogan having to deal with an openly gay US President I do think actual experience is important to the job. We've currently got a President with no political experience and it turns out that's kind of a problem.

Yes, both play the mouth organ in the back of limos.

ARE YOU TELLING ME HE WILL BE BIG DISASTER AS OBAMA

The problem with Pete,  is that he has nearly everything I want in a political candidate..........

but I don't believe for a deep south Evangelical moment,  that electorally,  the country will accept a "First Gentleman" male spouse. 

I got no problem with it.......whatever...........but come on, you know damn well the Bible Belt ain't going  for that......and the Super Pac ads will be UGLY. 

I think Pete might do well in Iowa......but he's got a long way to go. 

maybe...........as a VP pick........as we rarely hear much about VP  "wives". 

a white apologizing obama

*Double eye roll*

Whatever.

As long as he doesn't bring back the Obamacare theft benefits.

Or maybe. I might be less combative this time around. ;-)

Both young, well-spoken, corporate hacks who have done nothing for working families. 

• ioerr

i like pete buttigieg a lot.  it doesn't seem likely right now that he can overcome the others ahead of him to get the nomination this time, but he could still break out. 

in any case, he is young and i hope i get the chance to vote for him at some point, whether in this race or another down the line

Yes Buttigieg will be next president, though Obama was older and had more political experience.

• Chris

Obama gave rise to Trump. Who would Buttplug cause us to elect.